- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping Help!
- dillydally
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 9 months ago #183526
by dillydally
Shipping Help! was created by dillydally
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.vinhoscortem.com/cortemvi/index.php/wine-shop
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
Hi
Please can you help me I'm having some trouble trying to configure shipping for a client and I'm not sure there is a solution.
The product is wine
Minimum (for the entire order not one product) must be 15
Maximum any multiple of 15 or 24
The issue here is that these bottles of wine are shipped in a specific box to prevent damages and the only sizes are 15 or 24 and the shipping cost is the same for . I just can't figure out if there is a way to set the entire order to be a minimum of 15 but if it exceeds 24 then it should trigger an additional shipping rate. The rate is a flat rate of €18 per box (of min 15 up to 24).
Have you ever encountered something like this and do you have any ideas for a solution?
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
Hi
Please can you help me I'm having some trouble trying to configure shipping for a client and I'm not sure there is a solution.
The product is wine
Minimum (for the entire order not one product) must be 15
Maximum any multiple of 15 or 24
The issue here is that these bottles of wine are shipped in a specific box to prevent damages and the only sizes are 15 or 24 and the shipping cost is the same for . I just can't figure out if there is a way to set the entire order to be a minimum of 15 but if it exceeds 24 then it should trigger an additional shipping rate. The rate is a flat rate of €18 per box (of min 15 up to 24).
Have you ever encountered something like this and do you have any ideas for a solution?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 9 months ago #183544
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping Help!
Hello,
A solution can just be to directly set the weight of your products to 1 KG and then set the minimum weight of your shipping method to 15 KG.Minimum (for the entire order not one product) must be 15
The only solution will be to sell your product per group of 15 or 24.I just can't figure out if there is a way to set the entire order to be a minimum of 15 but if it exceeds 24 then it should trigger an additional shipping rate. The rate is a flat rate of €18 per box (of min 15 up to 24).
The following user(s) said Thank You: dillydally
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dillydally
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #184159
by dillydally
Replied by dillydally on topic Shipping Help!
Thanks for the insight of course that will work and I can do that. I have one problem I seem to have removed weight and volume from the product settings and although I have asked for weight to be displayed I cannot seem to get it back on the back end display. I've searched how to do this but without success, can you advise how I've removed this and how to get it back?
Thanks very much
Thanks very much
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #184188
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping Help!
Change the 'product type' option of your product and you should see the fields again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dillydally
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dillydally
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #186244
by dillydally
Replied by dillydally on topic Shipping Help!
Thanks but I'm not aware that I set a product type, where will I find this option as I cannot see it in the Configuration?
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #186256
by lousyfool
It's not in the Configuration, but as Nicolas said, it's the "Product type" option of your products. So, you got to go and edit your products and set that option to "Shippable goods", then the weight and dimension fields will become visible and accessible.
(With many users here being irritated or even unable to find the weight/dimension fields, maybe HikaShop wants to consider making "shippable" the default choice instead of "virtual". It's been asked for before, but without success so far...)
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Shipping Help!
dillydally wrote: ... I cannot see it in the Configuration?
It's not in the Configuration, but as Nicolas said, it's the "Product type" option of your products. So, you got to go and edit your products and set that option to "Shippable goods", then the weight and dimension fields will become visible and accessible.
(With many users here being irritated or even unable to find the weight/dimension fields, maybe HikaShop wants to consider making "shippable" the default choice instead of "virtual". It's been asked for before, but without success so far...)
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: dillydally
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds