- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50?
11 years 7 months ago #190309
by mpsharma
Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50? was created by mpsharma
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
Hi,
I hope you can help me! I am a novice trying to fix my website after my developer bailed on me half way

I have the Australia Post plugin and I want to provide free shipping for orders valued over aud50 in Australia only.
May I please request a clear, easy to understand user path on how to do this without causing my site to crash?!
Thank you to anyone who tries to help, I really do appreciate it.
Hi,
I hope you can help me! I am a novice trying to fix my website after my developer bailed on me half way
I have the Australia Post plugin and I want to provide free shipping for orders valued over aud50 in Australia only.
May I please request a clear, easy to understand user path on how to do this without causing my site to crash?!
Thank you to anyone who tries to help, I really do appreciate it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190311
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50?
www.hikashop.com/forum/shipping-methods/...ing-if-order-50.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/shipping-methods/...ng-on-orders-50.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/shipping-methods/...ng-on-orders-50.html
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mpsharma
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #191107
by mpsharma
Replied by mpsharma on topic Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50?
Thanks Jerome!
I'll try this and let you know
I'll try this and let you know
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by mpsharma.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191117
by mpsharma
Replied by mpsharma on topic Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50?
Hi Jerome,
Nearly there...
I did what you suggested but the issue I am having now is that when orders are over 50AUD all the shipping options are available so the user has to select the free shipping option which is not correct obviously as it is being left to the users discretion to select the free shipping option.
Can you please tell me how to make it so that the only option is free shipping for orders over 50 AUD?
I hope you can help me, thank you in advance!
Please find screenshots attached for your reference.
Nearly there...
I did what you suggested but the issue I am having now is that when orders are over 50AUD all the shipping options are available so the user has to select the free shipping option which is not correct obviously as it is being left to the users discretion to select the free shipping option.
Can you please tell me how to make it so that the only option is free shipping for orders over 50 AUD?
I hope you can help me, thank you in advance!
Please find screenshots attached for your reference.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191120
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50?
Hi,
I'm not following you.
If you had done what we explained in the other subjects, you would have only two shipping methods configured:
- one for AustraliaPost with a maximum price of 49.99
- one manual shipping method with a minimum price of 50
And thus the customers would see either one or the other.
On your screenshot, I can see 4 shipping methods, two of each and thus I don't know if you're trying to do something more complex, of if you messed too much with the shipping methods.
I'm not following you.
If you had done what we explained in the other subjects, you would have only two shipping methods configured:
- one for AustraliaPost with a maximum price of 49.99
- one manual shipping method with a minimum price of 50
And thus the customers would see either one or the other.
On your screenshot, I can see 4 shipping methods, two of each and thus I don't know if you're trying to do something more complex, of if you messed too much with the shipping methods.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mpsharma
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #191237
by mpsharma
Replied by mpsharma on topic Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50?
Hi Nicolas,
Ah! Okay, I got you, sorry for that batty mishap
I have done as you suggested but now a new problem has occurred for my Australian customers. Basically, they are being shown the postage options twice as you can see from the attached screenshot. Also, when the order is > $50, because I have an option in there for international customers, it is still allowing for free shipping and paid postage options. As long as I do not cater to international customers it is working fine for all orders (including < $50) for Australian customers but not for International customers. If I add in the international customers option, then it is working fine for International customers but not the Australian customers who purchase > $50!
Thank you so much for all your help!
Ah! Okay, I got you, sorry for that batty mishap
I have done as you suggested but now a new problem has occurred for my Australian customers. Basically, they are being shown the postage options twice as you can see from the attached screenshot. Also, when the order is > $50, because I have an option in there for international customers, it is still allowing for free shipping and paid postage options. As long as I do not cater to international customers it is working fine for all orders (including < $50) for Australian customers but not for International customers. If I add in the international customers option, then it is working fine for International customers but not the Australian customers who purchase > $50!
Thank you so much for all your help!
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by mpsharma.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #191281
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50?
Hello,
You should :
- Create a custom shipping zone through "Hikashop->System->Zones" and add in that zone every country different that Australia
- Add that zone on the "zone" restriction of the "Australa Post for International Orders" shipping method.
You should :
- Create a custom shipping zone through "Hikashop->System->Zones" and add in that zone every country different that Australia
- Add that zone on the "zone" restriction of the "Australa Post for International Orders" shipping method.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mpsharma
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #192064
by mpsharma
Replied by mpsharma on topic Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50?
Hi!
If I could thank you more than once, I so would!!!
It works beautifully, I could not have done it without your patience and assistance, so thank you very, very, VERY much!
If I could thank you more than once, I so would!!!
It works beautifully, I could not have done it without your patience and assistance, so thank you very, very, VERY much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 112
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 7 months ago #192421
by tbroderick
Replied by tbroderick on topic Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50?
Two issues:
1. I am seeing the "Free Shipping" text showing twice on the checkout page. Please see the attachment for an example.
2. I am not seeing the person's title, country or state in the address registration fields on guest or registration. Attached is an example of the country/state display.
How can I fix these?
Thanks for your help.
1. I am seeing the "Free Shipping" text showing twice on the checkout page. Please see the attachment for an example.
2. I am not seeing the person's title, country or state in the address registration fields on guest or registration. Attached is an example of the country/state display.
How can I fix these?
Thanks for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #192721
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Free Shipping for Orders valued over AUD50?
Hello,
1.
You probably named your shipping method "Free Shipping" so if your shipping method is free the price will be displayed as "Free Shipping", a solution can be to directly change your shipping method name or this line through your translation file :
2.
You're facing CSS issue, you'll just have to increase the width of your fields : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
1.
You probably named your shipping method "Free Shipping" so if your shipping method is free the price will be displayed as "Free Shipping", a solution can be to directly change your shipping method name or this line through your translation file :
FREE_SHIPPING="Free shipping"
2.
You're facing CSS issue, you'll just have to increase the width of your fields : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds