- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Canada post servers not cnooecting
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #191817
by Oldned
Canada post servers not cnooecting was created by Oldned
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.lbcommunicationsinc.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : A connection to Canada post servers could not be established. Connection timed out after 30000 miliseconds
Hi guys, I tried not to ask for help and have searched the net for answers.
I'm getting the timed out error. I have read solutions for this are the Host is blocking a port.
I have checked my setting and have a canada post retailer number etc and have followed install instructions to the best of my ability.
I'm still getting the error.
My host says
We apologize for any inconvenience and delay caused.
Closed ports on our side are closed for security reasons. If you believe that port 30000 and port 30001 need to be open, please provide evidence of this, and specific information regarding why. We will request this from our security team, though it is highly unlikely that the ports will be opened.
If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or contact a Web Services Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at the numbers below.
I suggested port 30000 and 30001 because that is what I found in searches.
Could someone please tell me or point to where I can find out what port(s) if any are required to be open from my host, I ask this because I have also seen port 3000 and since the milisecond timeout is 30000 I am wondering if that was misunderstood.
I am going round in circles here and cannot find a resolution.
To recreate this error you can go to...
www.lbcommunicationsinc.com
Click on "online Products"
Pick a product, it will ask you to log in..
It will then hang an error.
Any additional info required please ask.
Thank you in advance for any help offered.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : A connection to Canada post servers could not be established. Connection timed out after 30000 miliseconds
Hi guys, I tried not to ask for help and have searched the net for answers.
I'm getting the timed out error. I have read solutions for this are the Host is blocking a port.
I have checked my setting and have a canada post retailer number etc and have followed install instructions to the best of my ability.
I'm still getting the error.
My host says
We apologize for any inconvenience and delay caused.
Closed ports on our side are closed for security reasons. If you believe that port 30000 and port 30001 need to be open, please provide evidence of this, and specific information regarding why. We will request this from our security team, though it is highly unlikely that the ports will be opened.
If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or contact a Web Services Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at the numbers below.
I suggested port 30000 and 30001 because that is what I found in searches.
Could someone please tell me or point to where I can find out what port(s) if any are required to be open from my host, I ask this because I have also seen port 3000 and since the milisecond timeout is 30000 I am wondering if that was misunderstood.
I am going round in circles here and cannot find a resolution.
To recreate this error you can go to...
www.lbcommunicationsinc.com
Click on "online Products"
Pick a product, it will ask you to log in..
It will then hang an error.
Any additional info required please ask.
Thank you in advance for any help offered.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Oldned.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191881
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Canada post servers not cnooecting
Hi,
You need to tell your hosting company that you want the port 30000 to be opened for the destination cybervente.postescanada.ca as you want your website to be able to contact the Canada Post web services.
Here is for example a link you can give them: kb.siteground.com/how_to_use_the_services_of_canada_post/
You need to tell your hosting company that you want the port 30000 to be opened for the destination cybervente.postescanada.ca as you want your website to be able to contact the Canada Post web services.
Here is for example a link you can give them: kb.siteground.com/how_to_use_the_services_of_canada_post/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oldned
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191894
by Oldned
Replied by Oldned on topic Canada post servers not cnooecting
Thank you! Perfect, I have sent the info off to them.
Greatly appreciated.
Greatly appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195010
by Oldned
Replied by Oldned on topic Canada post servers not cnooecting
Thank you greatly for that information. After much arguing and my host denying it was them, they have now resolved the issues.
The above answer was correct.
You have no idea how grateful I am, this took several weeks of being passed from pillar to post and often being told it's my coding, when all along it was the host blocking the ports.
Thank you again!
The above answer was correct.
You have no idea how grateful I am, this took several weeks of being passed from pillar to post and often being told it's my coding, when all along it was the host blocking the ports.
Thank you again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds