- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 2
Shipping error on large quantities to Canada
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Failed to obtain shipping quotes
Failed to obtain shipping quotes
Please enter your address below to continue
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$container in /home3/gravest3/public_html/plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php on line 294
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$sort_by_price in /home3/gravest3/public_html/plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php on line 236
Hi,
When an order of more than 3 or 4 books is ordered to a Canadian address we get a 'failed to obtain shipping quotes' error.
US addresses can make orders no problem. Not sure where to begin trouble shooting this.
Any ideas would be appreciated!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you :
- Download the last Hikashop version through our website
- Install it
- Save USPS configuration
- Test it again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
And do I save it after the new install or before?
J
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I downloaded the most recent version of Hikashop this morning, installed it, went to shipping, reviewed my settings, and clicked 'save'.
Then I added 15 items to my cart and entered a Canadian address: I received the same message "failed to obtain shipping quotes".
If I drop down to 2 or 3 items, the shipping method works. Sometimes I can go as high as 5 items before the error is triggered.
BTW -- I reproduced the steps on my testing site and got the same results (on both the testing site and the live site.)
Thanks again for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have attached screen shots.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
The USPS shipping plugin is only displaying what the USPS platform is returning, so 4-5 items of this size/weight seems to be too much for your location.If the problem were too many orders (more than 4 or 5 items) why would it only affect Canadian addresses?
Your USPS shipping method seems to be configured well, so can you tell me what were the size and weight of the products that were on your cart ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have the option "Force shipping regardless of weight" set to YES
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I then added 15 of them to my cart.
I got the shipping error.
I then reduced the number of books in the cart from 15 to 4.
The error disappeared and the shipping method was displayed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I just tested it with 30 "A Graveyard Preservation Primer, 2nd Edition" products and it worked fine, did you fixed your issue ? With which product did you test it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you use a Canadian address? See screenshot attached.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
If I enable more "International" USPS services your shipping method is showing, your issue is probably just coming from the fact that the only "International" that you selected isn't available for your order dimension/weight and destination.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
See screenshot attached.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Joanne
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.