- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
USPS plugin decreases shipping price by 50%
- Tatiana1311
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #200232
by Tatiana1311
USPS plugin decreases shipping price by 50% was created by Tatiana1311
-- url of the page with the problem -- : flordelicious.com
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
-- PHP version -- : latest
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
When I use a 10% coupon at the checkout (THANKYOU10) - it cuts the shipping rate in half. What can be the problem? Also - the USPS plugin calculates the shipping rates a bit higher than normal (but I manage it by putting a negative value in the Price field inside the USPS shipping plugin).
I am attaching screenshots - 1 is before the coupon applied and the second one is after the coupon applied, so you can see the difference in shipping price.
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
-- PHP version -- : latest
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
When I use a 10% coupon at the checkout (THANKYOU10) - it cuts the shipping rate in half. What can be the problem? Also - the USPS plugin calculates the shipping rates a bit higher than normal (but I manage it by putting a negative value in the Price field inside the USPS shipping plugin).
I am attaching screenshots - 1 is before the coupon applied and the second one is after the coupon applied, so you can see the difference in shipping price.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Tatiana1311.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tatiana1311
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #200235
by Tatiana1311
Replied by Tatiana1311 on topic USPS plugin decreases shipping price by 50%
Also - here's my USPS plugin settings. By the way - do you guys happen to have a tutorial for the USPS plugin? I still cannot figure out how it calculates the price and I just have to randomly set the fields to adjust the final number close to the truth..
I am actually trying to set up the shipping price about 25% of the price of the item and increment for each additional item by 50% of the shipping for that item
I am actually trying to set up the shipping price about 25% of the price of the item and increment for each additional item by 50% of the shipping for that item
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Tatiana1311. Reason: Wrong screenshot
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tatiana1311
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #200319
by Tatiana1311
Replied by Tatiana1311 on topic USPS plugin decreases shipping price by 50%
Never mind, I changed the shipping settings and now it works, though I still don't understand why coupon was cutting the shipping rates...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #200340
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic USPS plugin decreases shipping price by 50%
Hello,
Regarding your USPS settings, you should not set a negative price option like -1.
- The shipping address
- Your order weight and dimensions
- Some of your USPS settings
And then it will display the shipping rates that are returned from the USPS platform.
Regarding your USPS settings, you should not set a negative price option like -1.
You can check the USPS shipping documentation page to know what the USPS options exactly are.do you guys happen to have a tutorial for the USPS plugin
The USPS shipping plugin will send details of your order like :I still cannot figure out how it calculates the price and I just have to randomly set the fields to adjust the final number close to the truth..
- The shipping address
- Your order weight and dimensions
- Some of your USPS settings
And then it will display the shipping rates that are returned from the USPS platform.
In that case the best solution will be to use a manual shipping methodI am actually trying to set up the shipping price about 25% of the price of the item and increment for each additional item by 50% of the shipping for that item
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds