- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Price displayed different in Paypal
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #210514
by markc
Price displayed different in Paypal was created by markc
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi
Using manual shipping of £0.75 fixed plus 10%; and 25% coupon code.
Buy products that cost £5.00
Discount from coupon £1.25
Shipping £0.75 + £ £0.50= £1.25
Therefore total cost is £5.
Hikashop displays this bill fine; all seems well but when I then continue with the cart to Paypal the Bill to pay is displayed as £4.88 by Paypal.
I assume that the 10% extra shipping charge is being applied to the Discounted price of the item rather than the full price.. My problem is that the Hikashop displayed bill is different to the amount Paypal are requesting - how can I make this the same amount?
"Send details of the order" set to OFF in the Paypal plugin.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi
Using manual shipping of £0.75 fixed plus 10%; and 25% coupon code.
Buy products that cost £5.00
Discount from coupon £1.25
Shipping £0.75 + £ £0.50= £1.25
Therefore total cost is £5.
Hikashop displays this bill fine; all seems well but when I then continue with the cart to Paypal the Bill to pay is displayed as £4.88 by Paypal.
I assume that the 10% extra shipping charge is being applied to the Discounted price of the item rather than the full price.. My problem is that the Hikashop displayed bill is different to the amount Paypal are requesting - how can I make this the same amount?
"Send details of the order" set to OFF in the Paypal plugin.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by markc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 1 month ago #210518
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Price displayed different in Paypal
Hello,
Do you still have the same issue if you turn the "Send details of the order" option to NO through your PayPal configuration page ?
Do you still have the same issue if you turn the "Send details of the order" option to NO through your PayPal configuration page ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #210577
by markc
Replied by markc on topic Price displayed different in Paypal
Hi
Yes you can see in the post above that I say this is set to OFF.
I have added screen views of settings.
I think that because of the difference in Cart price to Paypal price; Paypal is taking the money but marking the order as cancelled.
This is a simple site - 70 products of greeting cards; same price for each product;
I include 2 screen shots showing price difference.
Yes you can see in the post above that I say this is set to OFF.
I have added screen views of settings.
I think that because of the difference in Cart price to Paypal price; Paypal is taking the money but marking the order as cancelled.
This is a simple site - 70 products of greeting cards; same price for each product;
I include 2 screen shots showing price difference.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by markc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #210600
by markc
Replied by markc on topic Price displayed different in Paypal
Hi
Maybe this is part of the problem.
When I go to check out.
Click terms and conditions.
If I go to the Paypal button (see screenshot) I can see it is a link (hover - turns to fist) when I click nothing happens.
I am forced to go to "Finish"
This then links to the paypal account.
If I then request to go back - the order is made even though I have not paid anything.
Maybe this is part of the problem.
When I go to check out.
Click terms and conditions.
If I go to the Paypal button (see screenshot) I can see it is a link (hover - turns to fist) when I click nothing happens.
I am forced to go to "Finish"
This then links to the paypal account.
If I then request to go back - the order is made even though I have not paid anything.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #210659
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Price displayed different in Paypal
Hi,
If the payment made is different than the total amount, yes the order is cancelled.
It's also normal that the order is made even though you didn't pay yet.
The order is made at the end of the checkout, before the redirection to PayPal.
The order status is then changed to confirmed when the payment is made with the correct amount.
Your issue is really strange. The total amount of the order is used by the PayPal plugin in order to send it to PayPal. So the amount should match. Could you try to turn on the "send order details" setting of the PayPal plugin ? In that case, what do you get in the PayPal payment page ? Are the amounts correct ? Could you do a screenshot ?
If the payment made is different than the total amount, yes the order is cancelled.
It's also normal that the order is made even though you didn't pay yet.
The order is made at the end of the checkout, before the redirection to PayPal.
The order status is then changed to confirmed when the payment is made with the correct amount.
Your issue is really strange. The total amount of the order is used by the PayPal plugin in order to send it to PayPal. So the amount should match. Could you try to turn on the "send order details" setting of the PayPal plugin ? In that case, what do you get in the PayPal payment page ? Are the amounts correct ? Could you do a screenshot ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #210684
by markc
Replied by markc on topic Price displayed different in Paypal
Same result. The Paypal amount is calculated by taking the 10% shipping fee to the discounted coupon price - the cart is applying the 10% fee to the full price.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by markc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #210711
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Price displayed different in Paypal
Hi,
I've tried without a coupon and the total is correct both in the checkout and PayPal:
take.ms/85pZh
take.ms/2xCxj
The issue apparently comes from the fact that the discounted amount is taken into account for the calculations of the shipping. Turn off the "Include virtual products price" setting of your shipping methods, and enter a weight in your products and you won't have that problem when using coupons.
Regards,
I've tried without a coupon and the total is correct both in the checkout and PayPal:
take.ms/85pZh
take.ms/2xCxj
The issue apparently comes from the fact that the discounted amount is taken into account for the calculations of the shipping. Turn off the "Include virtual products price" setting of your shipping methods, and enter a weight in your products and you won't have that problem when using coupons.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Jerome.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #210766
by markc
Replied by markc on topic Price displayed different in Paypal
Thank you very much. I have checked and your suggestion works perfectly.
I now have to decide if I am brave enough to try the Mass action part of the programme to add 20 grammes weight to each product!
I now have to decide if I am brave enough to try the Mass action part of the programme to add 20 grammes weight to each product!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #210769
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Price displayed different in Paypal
Hi,
You can for sure.
Mass actions is really powerful and you can update your product weight easily and very fast.
More about mass actions : www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...massaction-form.html
Regards,
You can for sure.
Mass actions is really powerful and you can update your product weight easily and very fast.
More about mass actions : www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...massaction-form.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds