Skip to main content

Using USPS, but can one product be flat rate?

More
10 years 9 months ago #222676 by superdmon
We currently have a HikaShop Business edition installed for a client and they had a question.
Currently they are using UPS Shipping, however, they are asking if a particular product could not use UPS Shipping and just have a "flat rate". Is this possible to do?

Thanks for the info!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #222679 by Jerome
Hi,

You can use the "shipping price per product" feature in order to exclude a specific product from a shipping method.
Otherwise, you can use "warehouses" in order to put the product into a different group and product different shipping methods for that warehouse.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #222835 by superdmon
Jerome, thanks for the information. It appears I have the Plugin: HikaShop Shipping manual - Prices per product plugin enabled, but how do I use it to exclude a product from UPS Shipping and allow it to have it's own shipping rate?

I've edited a product, but do not see anywhere to specify a shipping rate for it. Is there any documentation on this feature?

Charles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #222843 by superdmon
Ok, I *think* I've started to figure this out... I can see if I go into Shipping Methods I can add a "Manual Shipping Method" and there is a box that says "Use price per product" and I can set it to yes, and set the price. What I don't see is how to assign this to a specific product.

Ideas?

Charles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #222845 by nicolas
Hi,

Once you turn on that option in your shipping methods, edit your products and check the "block" checkbox of your shipping methods in the shipping prices area if you don't want the shipping methods to be available when that product is in the cart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #222958 by superdmon
So I'd have to edit all my products to block that shipping method from appearing?
Would it be easier to just assign the product I need the flat rate shipping for to a different warehouse?

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Once you turn on that option in your shipping methods, edit your products and check the "block" checkbox of your shipping methods in the shipping prices area if you don't want the shipping methods to be available when that product is in the cart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #222984 by superdmon
Hmm... starting to wonder if this is even possible to do.
I have tried going the warehouse route and have the following set inside my flat free shipping:



Then I go to my product and I've added it to the correct Warehouse:



Here is where I'm not sure what I need to do if anything. I've tried multiple settings in the shipping prices but can't get anything to show up:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #223026 by Jerome
Hi,

Okay.. So, once again :
When editing the product, in the section "shipping prices" ; click on the "+" (column "action") and then you will be able to "block" the product for the shipping method.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: superdmon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #223093 by superdmon
Ok, so does adding the "block" to the product mean it will be "available" for the flat fee?
I've tried this numerous times, but I'll give it another shot :-)

Jerome wrote: Hi,

Okay.. So, once again :
When editing the product, in the section "shipping prices" ; click on the "+" (column "action") and then you will be able to "block" the product for the shipping method.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #223095 by superdmon
Looks like part of the reason I wasn't seeing it working was I had to be logged in, and possibly the warehouse thing wasn't working either, I took off the restrictions. Otherwise I think I'm good!

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #223097 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,
Blocking it on the product will only mean that, this shipping method won't be available for that product during the checkout workflow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum