USPS Update to API
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Just got this message from the USPS notification center & wanted to bring it to your attention...
Are you guys aware of this & will this break the plugin?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
We'll check which changes they have made on the USPS API, and will adapt the USPS shipping plugin if we have to.
Thanks for your notice.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Sure, I checked their release note for January 2016 and the plugin should still work despite their API update.
Note that I sent them an email to have more information about it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Mohamed made some checks and tests ; I don't know if we can have any news when we already say all.Sure, I checked their release note for January 2016 and the plugin should still work despite their API update.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Unfortunately I sent them some emails but they did not respond, her is the email that I sent if you also want to contact them :
Hello,
I'm part of the Hikari softwares development team and I'm in charge of the USPS shipping module, Hikari software propose to ecommerces a solution named Hikashop in Joomla which allow them to build their website with multiple shipping and payment method including USPS.
Our plugin is currently using your 2 API RateV4 / IntlRateV2, from what I saw our plugin will probably continue to work properly but I wanted to ask you if some specific changes will need to be applied.
Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thank you!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Well, we never know, but be sure that we'll be responsive to any potential issue with the USPS shipping plugin !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Thank you again for all you guys do!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Also...when using their website to actually make a label, I get this message...
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The API used by the plugin is classical and for what I read, the modification are mostly oriented on the "Click-N-Ship".
The plugin has not link with that application.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hikashop 2.6.1 [latest patch]
The new rates and services went into affect yesterday, and now we are not receiving the correct shipping rates during Hikashop checkout.
Are we sure there are not updates required to the USPS plugin?
3by400, Inc.
3by400.com
Websites that Work, Marketing that Matters
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I perform some tests with the USPS plugin and I got some rates.
Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge about what is a good or a bad shipping rate for USPS.
So, I can just see prices which looks "not absurde"..
Would it be possible to have more details about your issue ?
So I could ask Mohamed to perform some checks ; he is currently in charge of the support of most of shipping plugins.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.