- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Combined shipping
- SandroKan75
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome/39.0.2171.95
Hello everybody, I may really be dumb, but I can't find it in the documentation... I know it would probably be there, but I cannot find it.
I need to create a combinate shipping, which I explain with an example:
I have product1 and product2
Product1 costs 10 and Product2 costs 10.
The shipping cost is 10 as well, but only if I buy one product. For any additional products I need the system to charge me just 5.
For instance I should be charged 10 + 5 if I buy product1 and product2.
I cannot make it work. Could anyone, please help me?
Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You want to create two manual shipping methods. In the first one you set the "minimum quantity" to 1 and the "maximum quantity" to 1 and set the "price" to 10. In the second one you set the "minimum quantity" to 2 and the "maximum quantity" to 2 and set the "price" to 15.
The system should then handle that automatically on your checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SandroKan75
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SandroKan75
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Now I was told that the needs are different.
There are two main shipping methods, both combined..
The standard has a 5 pounds for one item and 1 additional pound for each item in the chart (for instance, three items are 7 pounds).
The express shipping, which has the same rules, but 9 pounds for the first item and 1 additional pound for every further item... is that possible to achieve?
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's possible yes.
You need to create 4 shipping methods:
- one with a minimum quantity 1 and a maximum quantity of 1 and the price for 5 pounds for standard shipping
- one with a minimum quantity 2 and a maximum quantity of 1 and the price for 4 pounds for standard shipping plus the "shipping price per product" for each pound. That way the system will sum both the price and the shipping price per product
- one with a minimum quantity 1 and a maximum quantity of 1 and the price for 9 pounds for express shipping
- one with a minimum quantity 2 and a maximum quantity of 1 and the price for 8 pounds for express shipping plus the "shipping price per product" for each pound. That way the system will sum both the price and the shipping price per product
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SandroKan75
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
So, the only way is to have these shipping rules for each and every product, is that correct?
Many thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Maybe I didn't understand what you wanted to do ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SandroKan75
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
The standard has a 5 pounds for one item and 1 additional pound for each item in the chart (for instance, three items are 7 pounds).
The express shipping, which has the same rules, but 9 pounds for the first item and 1 additional pound for every further item... is that possible to achieve?
Can you give me more details and information about how do you want your 2 shipping methods to work and how you configured them through some screenshots ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SandroKan75
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Here's the screenshot, I am doing it on each product, but I wish it is possible to create general shipping rules with these features as I am going to need 4, two for the normal shipping and two for the express shipping and both need to be combined so that 1 item costs # and every item on top of it just add # on top of the initial shipping cost.
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
In your case you'll HAVE to add these 4 rules on your products, the only alternative will be to create and configure manual shipping methods for each case (cart witch a weight of 5, 6, 7, 8 , 9, ...).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.