- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping products from different warehouse 1 order
10 years 8 months ago #226569
by Margreet
Shipping products from different warehouse 1 order was created by Margreet
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop [1507281743]
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 43.0.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : I don't get an error I have a question about how I can achive a certain purpose
Hello,
I have a question and I can't find the answer in the forum.
In the shop I have products which have different sizes.
There is a warehouse for little metal plates which can be shipped by the post and fit in the letter box.
The costs for this shipping method are 1,99
But there are also products bigger and they have also a warehouse with another shipping amount.
Products in the warehouse big will be send bij packetpost en costs more.
They cost 6,99
The customer can order both types of products small and big from both warehouses and now I come to my problem.
When they order big plates and they order also small plates from the warehouse little togehter in one order, they get both costs for the shipping
The costs are then 1,99 and 6,99
This is something I don't want.
Only the 6,99 must be charged.
If they order a big plate which will be sent with the packetpost then a litte metal plate will be added to this packet post and there are no extra costs.
Is it possible when there are products togehter from the warehous big and little that the shipping costs from little are declined?
Kind regards
Margareth
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 43.0.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : I don't get an error I have a question about how I can achive a certain purpose
Hello,
I have a question and I can't find the answer in the forum.
In the shop I have products which have different sizes.
There is a warehouse for little metal plates which can be shipped by the post and fit in the letter box.
The costs for this shipping method are 1,99
But there are also products bigger and they have also a warehouse with another shipping amount.
Products in the warehouse big will be send bij packetpost en costs more.
They cost 6,99
The customer can order both types of products small and big from both warehouses and now I come to my problem.
When they order big plates and they order also small plates from the warehouse little togehter in one order, they get both costs for the shipping
The costs are then 1,99 and 6,99
This is something I don't want.
Only the 6,99 must be charged.
If they order a big plate which will be sent with the packetpost then a litte metal plate will be added to this packet post and there are no extra costs.
Is it possible when there are products togehter from the warehous big and little that the shipping costs from little are declined?
Kind regards
Margareth
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #226653
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Shipping products from different warehouse 1 order
Hi,
The warehouse feature is there to split products into several groups.
Each group will be shipped independently, so each have a shipping method.
So if you have products from two warehouses, you will have to select two shipping methods.
In your case, I don't think that you want warehouse but you need manual shipping methods with weight restriction.
But there is no way that you can merge two warehouses, it is the total opposite of the feature.
Regards,
The warehouse feature is there to split products into several groups.
Each group will be shipped independently, so each have a shipping method.
So if you have products from two warehouses, you will have to select two shipping methods.
In your case, I don't think that you want warehouse but you need manual shipping methods with weight restriction.
But there is no way that you can merge two warehouses, it is the total opposite of the feature.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Margreet
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #226668
by Margreet
Replied by Margreet on topic Shipping products from different warehouse 1 order
Hello,
Thanks for the answer.
If I understand it correctly, what I want isn't possible.
Okay.
That's a pity.
But a clear explanation.
What you suppose to choose manual shipping with weight restriction isn't possible in this case.
I think but maybe I see it the wrong way?
Because the benchmark for shipping by the postman or the shipping by parcel is depends on the size.
Now I have the configuration of the shop split in different products group with corresponding shipping prices.
But in the shop there is the possibility to order products from each group.
And the shipping of these products are going in one and tje same parcel.
Is there a possibility to check if there are multiple shipping methods are selected?
I mean automatically I know you see them in the ordering process but that is not what I mean
I should want to check if there are used different shipping methods and remove the them and only remain the most expensive one
Kind regards
Margareth
Thanks for the answer.
If I understand it correctly, what I want isn't possible.
Okay.
That's a pity.
But a clear explanation.
What you suppose to choose manual shipping with weight restriction isn't possible in this case.
I think but maybe I see it the wrong way?
Because the benchmark for shipping by the postman or the shipping by parcel is depends on the size.
Now I have the configuration of the shop split in different products group with corresponding shipping prices.
But in the shop there is the possibility to order products from each group.
And the shipping of these products are going in one and tje same parcel.
Is there a possibility to check if there are multiple shipping methods are selected?
I mean automatically I know you see them in the ordering process but that is not what I mean
I should want to check if there are used different shipping methods and remove the them and only remain the most expensive one
Kind regards
Margareth
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #226679
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping products from different warehouse 1 order
Hi,
No, what you want is totally possible. As Jerome said, you can do it by simply using weight restrictions in your shipping methods, without setting any warehouse anywhere.
No, what you want is totally possible. As Jerome said, you can do it by simply using weight restrictions in your shipping methods, without setting any warehouse anywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Margreet
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227277
by Margreet
Replied by Margreet on topic Shipping products from different warehouse 1 order
Hello
Thanks for the answer.
I will try this at a local installation.
I don't see it yet clearly how I have to do this.
But that's why I try it on a local copy of the site.
Thanks for the support
Regards Margareth
Thanks for the answer.
I will try this at a local installation.
I don't see it yet clearly how I have to do this.
But that's why I try it on a local copy of the site.
Thanks for the support
Regards Margareth
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds