- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 1
SOLVED: Trying to do modified per product shipping
- BNRBranding
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #227128
by BNRBranding
SOLVED: Trying to do modified per product shipping was created by BNRBranding
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
I am trying to charge $3.99 for the first item, then $2.00 per item for each additional.
Getting the $3.99 for the first product is simple enough, that works fine. The problem is with multiple items.
When I set up for multiple items and I use price per product, it charges the $3.99 base price and $2.00 for each product. So for 2 products I want to charge $5.99, but the system is charging $7.99.
Is there a way to do this?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
I am trying to charge $3.99 for the first item, then $2.00 per item for each additional.
Getting the $3.99 for the first product is simple enough, that works fine. The problem is with multiple items.
When I set up for multiple items and I use price per product, it charges the $3.99 base price and $2.00 for each product. So for 2 products I want to charge $5.99, but the system is charging $7.99.
Is there a way to do this?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by BNRBranding.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227130
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Trying to do modified per product shipping
Hi,
When you set the default value in the plugin configuration, it is the price which will be use for the shipping per item.
An item is a product in the cart ; so it is related to the quantity in the cart.
You need to configure the configuration in the product and change the values to use a fixed fee instead of a variable fee (related to the quantity).
Regards,
When you set the default value in the plugin configuration, it is the price which will be use for the shipping per item.
An item is a product in the cart ; so it is related to the quantity in the cart.
You need to configure the configuration in the product and change the values to use a fixed fee instead of a variable fee (related to the quantity).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BNRBranding
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 8 months ago #227208
by BNRBranding
Replied by BNRBranding on topic Trying to do modified per product shipping
I don't think I explained this very well. I'm not using the plugin, I don't have any values configured there. I am only using manual shipping configuration. Here is how I have it configured now:
I have another shipping method configured for 1 item that only charges $3.99 shipping. I want to charge $3.99 for the first item, then $2.00 for each additional item in the cart. Here is how it is working now -
1 item - $3.99
2 item - $7.99 (3.99 + 2x 2.00)
3 item - $9.99 (3.99 + 3x 2.00)
Here is how I want it to work
1 item - $3.99
2 item - $5.99 (3.99 + 1x 2.00)
3 item - $7.99 (3.99 + 2x 2.00)
I definitely DO NOT want to add shipping prices to the items themselves. So basically this is the formula:
Shipping - $3.99 + ((items in cart -1) x 2.00)
Does that makes sense and can it be done?
I have another shipping method configured for 1 item that only charges $3.99 shipping. I want to charge $3.99 for the first item, then $2.00 for each additional item in the cart. Here is how it is working now -
1 item - $3.99
2 item - $7.99 (3.99 + 2x 2.00)
3 item - $9.99 (3.99 + 3x 2.00)
Here is how I want it to work
1 item - $3.99
2 item - $5.99 (3.99 + 1x 2.00)
3 item - $7.99 (3.99 + 2x 2.00)
I definitely DO NOT want to add shipping prices to the items themselves. So basically this is the formula:
Shipping - $3.99 + ((items in cart -1) x 2.00)
Does that makes sense and can it be done?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227215
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Trying to do modified per product shipping
Hi,
Don't worry, I understood correctly the first time.
So my answer is still the exact same.
Regards,
Don't worry, I understood correctly the first time.
So my answer is still the exact same.
You might not want to ; but that is the only available solution.I definitely DO NOT want to add shipping prices to the items themselves
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BNRBranding
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BNRBranding
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #227248
by BNRBranding
Replied by BNRBranding on topic Trying to do modified per product shipping
Ok, I misunderstood what you meant, but I still can't get it to work.
I got the plugin enabled so that I can set the pricing in the product itself. The results are the same as what I had before though. It still charges the correct price for 1 item, but it still charges $2 for the first item on any quantity 2 or higher.
I don't think I understand what you mean by switching to a fixed fee. If I set a fixed fee, then it's not increasing the shipping price when we add items to the cart.
I got the plugin enabled so that I can set the pricing in the product itself. The results are the same as what I had before though. It still charges the correct price for 1 item, but it still charges $2 for the first item on any quantity 2 or higher.
I don't think I understand what you mean by switching to a fixed fee. If I set a fixed fee, then it's not increasing the shipping price when we add items to the cart.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by BNRBranding.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BNRBranding
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 8 months ago #227249
by BNRBranding
Replied by BNRBranding on topic Trying to do modified per product shipping
Ok, after pulling my hair out I found the solution and it charges exactly what I want for every quantity. The solution is so simple.
I disabled the per product plugin, no need to set the price in each product, which is good because there are a lot of products.
In the shipping configuration I changed the price to $1.99 and the price per product to $2.00 with no minimums. Now the first product is $3.99 and each successive item is an additional $2.00.
The end result is the same, I just had to adjust the formula to fit the way Hikashop calculates the shipping.
Thanks!
I disabled the per product plugin, no need to set the price in each product, which is good because there are a lot of products.
In the shipping configuration I changed the price to $1.99 and the price per product to $2.00 with no minimums. Now the first product is $3.99 and each successive item is an additional $2.00.
The end result is the same, I just had to adjust the formula to fit the way Hikashop calculates the shipping.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds