- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Different shipping options by category
10 years 7 months ago #230206
by gscholman
Different shipping options by category was created by gscholman
-- HikaShop version -- : 3
Hi,
I have a question. I want to make a webshop with several categories, and in every categorie several products. What I would like; if you order a product in categorie A, you can choose at shipping methods you want to have it delivered or you want to pick it up. If you order a product in category B you can only pick that up, it can not be shipped. Is something like that possible?
Also I have another question; If I have a product, lets say a t-shirt, people can put their own photo on it, can they upload their own photo and can it live preview that on the productpage and/or chart?
Thank you
Regards,
Gijs
Hi,
I have a question. I want to make a webshop with several categories, and in every categorie several products. What I would like; if you order a product in categorie A, you can choose at shipping methods you want to have it delivered or you want to pick it up. If you order a product in category B you can only pick that up, it can not be shipped. Is something like that possible?
Also I have another question; If I have a product, lets say a t-shirt, people can put their own photo on it, can they upload their own photo and can it live preview that on the productpage and/or chart?
Thank you
Regards,
Gijs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #230231
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Different shipping options by category
Hello,
There is no restriction based on products categories, but there is maybe an other way, you can create several warfare to set in your product configuration page, and later in shipping restriction you will define for each shipping method, and also restricted it with one warfare.
As result, will be displayed only required (from product warfare) shippings method.
Hope this will fit your needs,
Regards,
There is no restriction based on products categories, but there is maybe an other way, you can create several warfare to set in your product configuration page, and later in shipping restriction you will define for each shipping method, and also restricted it with one warfare.
As result, will be displayed only required (from product warfare) shippings method.
Hope this will fit your needs,
Regards,
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230397
by gscholman
Replied by gscholman on topic Different shipping options by category
Hi,
Thank you for the answer. But what is warfare?
Oh and what about my last question if my first post, is this possible?
Regards,
Gijs
Thank you for the answer. But what is warfare?
Oh and what about my last question if my first post, is this possible?
Regards,
Gijs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #230402
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Different shipping options by category
Hi,
I think that philip meant warehouse, not warfare... it's been a long day for him
I would however recommend a simpler solution than warehouses. Just activate the "use shipping price per product" in your shipping methods. Then, in your products, you'll get a new section "shipping prices" where you can click on the "add" button for each shipping method and then check the "block" checkbox in order to remove that shipping method from the checkout when the product is in the cart.
Having the customers upload their images is possible with the Business edition of hikaShop. You can do that by creating a custom field of the table "item" and of the type "ajax image" via the menu Display>Custom fields.
However, there won't be a preview available.
I think that philip meant warehouse, not warfare... it's been a long day for him
I would however recommend a simpler solution than warehouses. Just activate the "use shipping price per product" in your shipping methods. Then, in your products, you'll get a new section "shipping prices" where you can click on the "add" button for each shipping method and then check the "block" checkbox in order to remove that shipping method from the checkout when the product is in the cart.
Having the customers upload their images is possible with the Business edition of hikaShop. You can do that by creating a custom field of the table "item" and of the type "ajax image" via the menu Display>Custom fields.
However, there won't be a preview available.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #245017
by Marjoline
Replied by Marjoline on topic Different shipping options by category
Hi.
If I need to have a special shipping method/price for all products in a particular category, I understand that I first need to link these to a warehouse. In the past I deleted all warehouse links because they gave problems elsewhere in the system. Unfortunately I no longer know the exact consequences. So if it is not possible to link a shipping method to a category, I suppose I must try it with warehouses. Only, how do I link all products in a category to a warehouse, without having to open hundreds of products one-by-one to add the warehouse?
And do you know if this may cause conflicts elsewhere in the system?
Cheers,
Marjoline
If I need to have a special shipping method/price for all products in a particular category, I understand that I first need to link these to a warehouse. In the past I deleted all warehouse links because they gave problems elsewhere in the system. Unfortunately I no longer know the exact consequences. So if it is not possible to link a shipping method to a category, I suppose I must try it with warehouses. Only, how do I link all products in a category to a warehouse, without having to open hundreds of products one-by-one to add the warehouse?
And do you know if this may cause conflicts elsewhere in the system?
Cheers,
Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 2 months ago #245024
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Different shipping options by category
Hello Marjoline,
The solution will be to directly use MassActions and add the ID of your warehouse on the "product_warehouse_id" field of your products regarding their categories.Only, how do I link all products in a category to a warehouse, without having to open hundreds of products one-by-one to add the warehouse?
Well if you correctly link your products to the good shipping methods you won't have any issue.And do you know if this may cause conflicts elsewhere in the system?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #245115
by Marjoline
Replied by Marjoline on topic Different shipping options by category
??? In answer to the second reply: Is it possible then to link (groups of) products to a shipping method? I must be not seeing something. I thought it was only possible to link a warehouse to a shipping method? That is why I am trying to mass-link products to a warehouse. But if there is a way to directly link products/categories to a shipping method, that would be way better. Is there such a way?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 months ago #245130
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Different shipping options by category
Hi,
Mohamed meant to say :
Well if you correctly link your products to the good shipping methods through the warehouses thanks to properly configured mass actions you won't have any issue.
So yes, you're on the right track here and there is no other way that we know of.
Mohamed meant to say :
Well if you correctly link your products to the good shipping methods through the warehouses thanks to properly configured mass actions you won't have any issue.
So yes, you're on the right track here and there is no other way that we know of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds