Skip to main content

Cap Shipping Price @ $25

More
10 years 7 months ago #230510 by danpoole
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0

Maybe it's late but I can't seem to get my head around how to cap a shipping price.

At the moment I am using Aust Post Version 1 Shipping module. Using both Express & Regular postage options. If I am shipping across the other side of the country the shipping rate goes too high compared to when I manually calculate it on the Aust Post site. Can I somehow set shipping to when it reaches $25 it just stops there?

Thanks,
Danny.

HikaShop: v.2.5.0
Joomla: v.3.4.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #230514 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello Danny,
There is actually no option restricting the price returned from the Australia post shipping method, a solution can be to use Australia post only for Australian shipping addresses and then use a manual shipping method for countries different than Australia.
To do that you'll just have to use the zone options of your shipping methods configuration page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #230571 by danpoole
Replied by danpoole on topic Cap Shipping Price @ $25
Hi Mohamed, I was looking at restricting the postage price within Australia.

In the shipping method there is restrictions on Minimum price & Maximum price and this restriction is for cart item pricing. It would be great to have the same fields but for postage pricing min & max.

For now I have just solved it by adding a manual shipping method set to $25 and called it 'Capped Shipping', this way shoppers can select this rate if it is the cheapest of the selections.

HikaShop: v.2.5.0
Joomla: v.3.4.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum