- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 1
USPS International Shipping not matching
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #232904
by Llarian
USPS International Shipping not matching was created by Llarian
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.weareecs.com/shop
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.16
I'm trying to get International USPS shipping to work, and I'm running into an odd problem.
I have a "Non-US" Zone configured which contains all countries not in the US (obviously).
US shipping works as expected.
Non US shipping gives me the error "No shipping methods available for your location"
I've looked through the plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php and found that it is failing in this conditional (line 162):
From looking at the adjacent code, I'm not sure how non-US shipping can work with this plugin at all, as it appears to pass all checks prior to this one, then fail here.
If I comment out that entire conditional statement, is appears to work just fine (all 4 available International shipping methods show in the frontend), but I'm worried that I'm missing what this section is supposed to be doing so I don't want to leave it commented out without some better understanding.
Am I missing something obvious here?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.16
I'm trying to get International USPS shipping to work, and I'm running into an odd problem.
I have a "Non-US" Zone configured which contains all countries not in the US (obviously).
US shipping works as expected.
Non US shipping gives me the error "No shipping methods available for your location"
I've looked through the plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php and found that it is failing in this conditional (line 162):
Code:
if($zone->zone_code_3 != 'USA') {
$messages['no_shipping_to_your_zone'] = JText::_('NO_SHIPPING_TO_YOUR_ZONE');
continue;
}
From looking at the adjacent code, I'm not sure how non-US shipping can work with this plugin at all, as it appears to pass all checks prior to this one, then fail here.
If I comment out that entire conditional statement, is appears to work just fine (all 4 available International shipping methods show in the frontend), but I'm worried that I'm missing what this section is supposed to be doing so I don't want to leave it commented out without some better understanding.
Am I missing something obvious here?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Llarian.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #232916
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic USPS International Shipping not matching
Hi,
Actually, this check is only done if you've configured a zone restriction in your USPS shipping method. If you want to shipping everywhere, you should leave that zone restriction setting empty in your USPS shipping method and in that case, the check won't be done.
But yes, that check on the USA shouldn't be done as far as I can see.
Actually, this check is only done if you've configured a zone restriction in your USPS shipping method. If you want to shipping everywhere, you should leave that zone restriction setting empty in your USPS shipping method and in that case, the check won't be done.
But yes, that check on the USA shouldn't be done as far as I can see.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #232953
by Llarian
I used to have International unrestricted, but it was actually causing problems for US orders in 2.6.0 and 2.6.1.
I'll try commenting it out and run some tests to see if causes any other problems.
Replied by Llarian on topic USPS International Shipping not matching
nicolas wrote: Hi,
Actually, this check is only done if you've configured a zone restriction in your USPS shipping method. If you want to shipping everywhere, you should leave that zone restriction setting empty in your USPS shipping method and in that case, the check won't be done.
But yes, that check on the USA shouldn't be done as far as I can see.
I used to have International unrestricted, but it was actually causing problems for US orders in 2.6.0 and 2.6.1.
I'll try commenting it out and run some tests to see if causes any other problems.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #232957
by Llarian
Replied by Llarian on topic USPS International Shipping not matching
FWIW, commenting out that conditional does not appear to have had any effect on my US shipping methods, and did fix International.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds