- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
download products
10 years 6 months ago #234269
by aran-rad
download products was created by aran-rad
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5
Hello
In version 2.4, we could choose the type of product, such as VIRTUAL and REAL
But this functionality was removed in version 2.6. I want to download products like books at the time of purchase of the Post and address of the client and the cost of sending the products to be removed and sent only be activated.Please Help Me.
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5
Hello
In version 2.4, we could choose the type of product, such as VIRTUAL and REAL
But this functionality was removed in version 2.6. I want to download products like books at the time of purchase of the Post and address of the client and the cost of sending the products to be removed and sent only be activated.Please Help Me.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234271
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic download products
Hello,
I understand your surprise, with the new interface we have in idea to keep only required options.
In your case, if you create a product and don't configure "Warehouse", "Weight" and "Volume", the product will be automatically registered as Virtual Product and so shipping methods won't be displayed in the checkout.
Hope this will help you.
Regards,
I understand your surprise, with the new interface we have in idea to keep only required options.
In your case, if you create a product and don't configure "Warehouse", "Weight" and "Volume", the product will be automatically registered as Virtual Product and so shipping methods won't be displayed in the checkout.
Hope this will help you.
Regards,
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aran-rad
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 2
10 years 4 months ago #240301
by avonrivercs
Replied by avonrivercs on topic download products
I am having a problem with download products. I have created a test product for download and have uploaded a test file to act as the download. I have no amounts in the weight or dimensions fields, which I'm told will designate the item a digital download, but when I go to the checkout, I get a message that says "The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods" and this error message will not allow me to complete the checkout. Someone suggested that I do a language override, but all that did was hid the error message but still will not allow me to finish. what am i doing wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240306
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic download products
Hi,
You have to enable the option "Force shipping regardless of weight" in Configuration > Checkout.
To not have shipping fees on digital products, you can create a new free shipping method with some restrictions on the weight to not allow it for products with weight.
You have to enable the option "Force shipping regardless of weight" in Configuration > Checkout.
To not have shipping fees on digital products, you can create a new free shipping method with some restrictions on the weight to not allow it for products with weight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: efnweb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 2
10 years 4 months ago #240389
by avonrivercs
Replied by avonrivercs on topic download products
Hi,
I have checked the configuration settings and the "Force shipping regardless of weight" was already set to "Yes" . I have a workaround where I have set up a manual shipping method called "Freight Free". I have set up restrictions of minimum weight of 0 grams and a maximum weight of .1 grams and a volume of 0 also. When the checkout process is activated, it picks up the freight free option and displays that. The transaction can go ahead and works as expected and no freight is charged. I am curious as to why it doesn't automatically not display the freight options when there is no weight stipulated
I have checked the configuration settings and the "Force shipping regardless of weight" was already set to "Yes" . I have a workaround where I have set up a manual shipping method called "Freight Free". I have set up restrictions of minimum weight of 0 grams and a maximum weight of .1 grams and a volume of 0 also. When the checkout process is activated, it picks up the freight free option and displays that. The transaction can go ahead and works as expected and no freight is charged. I am curious as to why it doesn't automatically not display the freight options when there is no weight stipulated
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240406
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic download products
Hi,
If you get that "The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods" error message, it means that either you have set the weight in your products or the option "Force shipping regardless of weight" is activated. You need to turn OFF that option so that products without weight are considered as not requiring shipping.
If you get that "The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods" error message, it means that either you have set the weight in your products or the option "Force shipping regardless of weight" is activated. You need to turn OFF that option so that products without weight are considered as not requiring shipping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: avonrivercs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 2
10 years 4 months ago #240531
by avonrivercs
Replied by avonrivercs on topic download products
Ahhhh.....The penny finally drops. I thought you were saying that the Force shipping should be set to yes. I have set this to no and it is working as it should be. Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds