- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 0
Packaging classes for manual shipping
10 years 5 months ago #234851
by Kingwell
Packaging classes for manual shipping was created by Kingwell
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
Hi there,
I've looked around the forum and i believe the following is possible but i've been unable to see how it has actually been done.
We have products that at the moment can only be taken by certain couriers, as it stands, it works in a hierarchy, for example:
Courier A will only take products in group 1
Courier B will take products in group 1 and 2
Courier C will take all products, in group 1, 2, or 3.
I would like to add a custom field to the backend to set a packaging group for each product, and a custom field to the manual shipping plugin for "maximum packing group" then edit the manual shipping plugin to check what packaging groups products are in before presenting the available shipping options at the checkout.
I believe this could be achieved in the code that checks product weights and volumes before showing available shipping methods at the checkout.
An example of an order would be as follows:
Customer 1 purchases 3 products from packaging group 1, at checkout they are presented with all couriers, A, B, and C.
Customer 2 purchases 3 products from packaging group 1, and 1 product from packaging group 2, at the checkout they are presented with couriers B, and C, as courier A will not take anything from packaging group 2.
I do not wish to do this by manipulating product weights and volumes as we currently use both of them to calculate shipping costs.
Any help in pointing me in the right directions for the files to edit to achieve this would be most appreciated.
Oli
Hi there,
I've looked around the forum and i believe the following is possible but i've been unable to see how it has actually been done.
We have products that at the moment can only be taken by certain couriers, as it stands, it works in a hierarchy, for example:
Courier A will only take products in group 1
Courier B will take products in group 1 and 2
Courier C will take all products, in group 1, 2, or 3.
I would like to add a custom field to the backend to set a packaging group for each product, and a custom field to the manual shipping plugin for "maximum packing group" then edit the manual shipping plugin to check what packaging groups products are in before presenting the available shipping options at the checkout.
I believe this could be achieved in the code that checks product weights and volumes before showing available shipping methods at the checkout.
An example of an order would be as follows:
Customer 1 purchases 3 products from packaging group 1, at checkout they are presented with all couriers, A, B, and C.
Customer 2 purchases 3 products from packaging group 1, and 1 product from packaging group 2, at the checkout they are presented with couriers B, and C, as courier A will not take anything from packaging group 2.
I do not wish to do this by manipulating product weights and volumes as we currently use both of them to calculate shipping costs.
Any help in pointing me in the right directions for the files to edit to achieve this would be most appreciated.
Oli
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #234870
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Packaging classes for manual shipping
Hello,
I think I have solution that fit your needs, do you know how to set a Warhouse system ?
The Warhouse can be set to define where is stocked your products, BUT you can define several Warhouse to create a group of products which will have only one or several shipping method.
For this go to Components => HikaShop => Configuration, on System dropdown click on Warhouse and create if I follow your example 3 Warhouses.
Then go to your shippings methods configuration and click on Restrictions and define a one Warhouse (or several), next step go to your Product configuration and in Restriction and dimension part linked your product to one Warhouse.
As results :
When a customer pick a product only associated to same product warhouse, shipping method will be displayed.
Hope this will fit your needs,
Regards,
I think I have solution that fit your needs, do you know how to set a Warhouse system ?
The Warhouse can be set to define where is stocked your products, BUT you can define several Warhouse to create a group of products which will have only one or several shipping method.
For this go to Components => HikaShop => Configuration, on System dropdown click on Warhouse and create if I follow your example 3 Warhouses.
Then go to your shippings methods configuration and click on Restrictions and define a one Warhouse (or several), next step go to your Product configuration and in Restriction and dimension part linked your product to one Warhouse.
As results :
When a customer pick a product only associated to same product warhouse, shipping method will be displayed.
Hope this will fit your needs,
Regards,
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #234975
by Kingwell
Replied by Kingwell on topic Packaging classes for manual shipping
Hi There,
I Tried the Warehouse method originally and came across 2 issues.
Only one warehouse can be set per shipping method as far as I can see.
When products are spread across multiple shipping methods, customers must choose a shipping method for the items from each warehouse.
Thanks, Oli
I Tried the Warehouse method originally and came across 2 issues.
Only one warehouse can be set per shipping method as far as I can see.
When products are spread across multiple shipping methods, customers must choose a shipping method for the items from each warehouse.
Thanks, Oli
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #234978
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Packaging classes for manual shipping
Hello,
Yes you right, I don't think so far for this point... And unfortunately the way shipping method processing works don't allow you good solutions for your needs, sorry for this return!
Your best solution for this is to develop a shipping method that fit your needs, for this you can contact one for our partners developers here
Or, find an other way to organized your shipping methods through your group of products.
Sorry for this.
Regards,
Yes you right, I don't think so far for this point... And unfortunately the way shipping method processing works don't allow you good solutions for your needs, sorry for this return!
Your best solution for this is to develop a shipping method that fit your needs, for this you can contact one for our partners developers here
Or, find an other way to organized your shipping methods through your group of products.
Sorry for this.
Regards,
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds