USPS Shipping Plugin has wrong prices
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #240508
by simo90
Brad
Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
USPS Shipping Plugin has wrong prices was created by simo90
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.43
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
The USPS shipping price has stopped working. It will give a price, but the shipping price is wrong. When you add a little more weight, it increases a little, but as you continue to add weight, the shipping price gets less. Your manual is not up to date, so it has been a little hard to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Here are my settings for the USPS plugin minus my USPS Webtools User ID
And here are the settings on my Product Page:
If you could explain what I need to do to correct the shipping price so that it increases as the shipping weight increases, I would really appreciate it!!!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.43
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
The USPS shipping price has stopped working. It will give a price, but the shipping price is wrong. When you add a little more weight, it increases a little, but as you continue to add weight, the shipping price gets less. Your manual is not up to date, so it has been a little hard to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Here are my settings for the USPS plugin minus my USPS Webtools User ID
And here are the settings on my Product Page:
If you could explain what I need to do to correct the shipping price so that it increases as the shipping weight increases, I would really appreciate it!!!
Brad
Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by simo90.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 4 months ago #240542
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS Shipping Plugin has wrong prices
Hello,
The USPS shipping plugin algorithm automatically "group" your products together into packages based on the USPS package's size/weight restriction.
In your case, the best solution will probably be to directly add a fixed price through the "Price" option of your shipping method OR, directly edit the usps.php file of your USPS shipping plugin and add this line :
Just before that line :
So that it won't dynamically group your products anymore.
The USPS shipping plugin algorithm automatically "group" your products together into packages based on the USPS package's size/weight restriction.
In your case, the best solution will probably be to directly add a fixed price through the "Price" option of your shipping method OR, directly edit the usps.php file of your USPS shipping plugin and add this line :
Code:
$limit['unit'] = 1;
Code:
$packages = $this->getOrderPackage($order, array('weight_unit' => 'oz', 'volume_unit' => 'in', 'limit' => $limit, 'required_dimensions' => $required_dimensions));
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #240577
by simo90
Brad
Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Replied by simo90 on topic USPS Shipping Plugin has wrong prices
1. I'm not sure what you mean, "In my case, the best solution is..." What are you assuming is different about my case than others. Before I go into the php and make a change so my plugin works differently from everyone else, what are you assuming is different about my case? If you could give a little more explanation, that would be great. I think I want it to operate like everyone elses. I want the customer to put 1 or 2 or 5 or 20 books into the shopping cart and it correctly calculate the shipping charge.
2. Someone else said I should not put numbers or prices in for shipping so I removed all shipping prices, but it still does not work correctly. Can you look at the pictures below and specifically tell me which field need to change and to what value.
3. Is the "fix" your suggesting a bug in the program? Why are you suggesting that fix?
Here are my settings for the USPS plugin minus my USPS Webtools User ID
And here are the settings on my Product Page:
2. Someone else said I should not put numbers or prices in for shipping so I removed all shipping prices, but it still does not work correctly. Can you look at the pictures below and specifically tell me which field need to change and to what value.
3. Is the "fix" your suggesting a bug in the program? Why are you suggesting that fix?
Here are my settings for the USPS plugin minus my USPS Webtools User ID
And here are the settings on my Product Page:
Brad
Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by simo90.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 4 months ago #240588
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic USPS Shipping Plugin has wrong prices
Hello,
1. As I said :
- Dynamically grouping your product into "packages" before USPS size/weight limits are reached
- telling to the USPS platform that you'll send X package(s) with potentially multiple products in it.
That algorithm will prevent your customers from having high rates which were the case with previous versions of the USPS shipping plugin.
2. That person probably told you to not use the "Price" option through your USPS shipping configuration page which is what you did.
3. I'm suggesting you to add that code so that the USPS can work as you want, it will only tell to the USPS platform that you'll send 1 product per package and they'll return rates according to it.
1. As I said :
Which means that instead of telling to the USPS shipping platform that you'll send 1 product per package which will have your product weight and dimensions, it's :The USPS shipping plugin algorithm automatically "group" your products together into packages based on the USPS package's size/weight restriction.
- Dynamically grouping your product into "packages" before USPS size/weight limits are reached
- telling to the USPS platform that you'll send X package(s) with potentially multiple products in it.
That algorithm will prevent your customers from having high rates which were the case with previous versions of the USPS shipping plugin.
2. That person probably told you to not use the "Price" option through your USPS shipping configuration page which is what you did.
3. I'm suggesting you to add that code so that the USPS can work as you want, it will only tell to the USPS platform that you'll send 1 product per package and they'll return rates according to it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds