- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping cost based on distance
10 years 3 months ago #241731
by luwes2000
Shipping cost based on distance was created by luwes2000
-- url of the page with the problem -- : wholesale-freshandwipe.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5
Hello,
sorry to bother you, but i can't find anything in the forums.
I need a way to provided free shipping to anyone who places an order within 50 miles of my location. I can based it of a city or postal code. just when customer enters their address and its with in 50 miles of my default address they get free shipping.
thank you
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5
Hello,
sorry to bother you, but i can't find anything in the forums.
I need a way to provided free shipping to anyone who places an order within 50 miles of my location. I can based it of a city or postal code. just when customer enters their address and its with in 50 miles of my default address they get free shipping.
thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 3 months ago #241743
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping cost based on distance
Hello,
The solution will be to :
- Create a custom delivery zone via "Hikashop->System->Zones" and add into that zone all the locations that are within 50 miles of your location.
- Create a manual shipping method via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods" and set the "Price" to 0 and the "Zone" option to your custom delivery zone.
The solution will be to :
- Create a custom delivery zone via "Hikashop->System->Zones" and add into that zone all the locations that are within 50 miles of your location.
- Create a manual shipping method via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods" and set the "Price" to 0 and the "Zone" option to your custom delivery zone.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #241840
by luwes2000
Replied by luwes2000 on topic Shipping cost based on distance
Thank you for the quick reply. I was able to narrow the shipping zone down to California but I am not able to add a City or postal code. Is their a way to add a city or postal code?
thank you
thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 3 months ago #241860
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping cost based on distance
Hello,
The "smallest" zone type selection via "Hikashop->System->Zones" will be the state selection.
In your case, the best solution will probably be to directly use the "Minimum / Maximum Post code" options of your shipping method configuration page.
The "smallest" zone type selection via "Hikashop->System->Zones" will be the state selection.
In your case, the best solution will probably be to directly use the "Minimum / Maximum Post code" options of your shipping method configuration page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #241941
by luwes2000
Replied by luwes2000 on topic Shipping cost based on distance
Ok thank you. I think I almost got it. I tried reading the HikaShop manual and it said to enter a Minum Postal Code and a Maximum Postal Code. Do I enter m
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #241942
by luwes2000
Replied by luwes2000 on topic Shipping cost based on distance
Ok thank you. I think I almost got it. I tried reading the HikaShop manual and it said to enter a Minum Postal Code and a Maximum Postal Code. Do I enter my postal code (where items are being shipped from) for the minimum and enter the furthest location for the Maximum. Or do I just need to enter all the postal codes that fall inside that 50 mile radius. I am confused between the differences in minimum and maximum.
Thank you again really appreciate the help.
Thank you again really appreciate the help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #242000
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping cost based on distance
Hi,
The minimum and maximum post code fields allow you to enter ranges of post codes.
For example, for Lyon, France, you can use the minimum 69000 and the maximum 69009 and the shipping method will then be available only for the people with an address in that city with the post codes 69000, 69001, 69002, ... or 69009
If you have non contiguous ranges, you can potentially create several shipping methods.
Alternatively, this shipping plugin allows for entering a list of zip codes:
brainforge.co.uk/downloads/hikashop-deli.../3-brainforge-manual
The minimum and maximum post code fields allow you to enter ranges of post codes.
For example, for Lyon, France, you can use the minimum 69000 and the maximum 69009 and the shipping method will then be available only for the people with an address in that city with the post codes 69000, 69001, 69002, ... or 69009
If you have non contiguous ranges, you can potentially create several shipping methods.
Alternatively, this shipping plugin allows for entering a list of zip codes:
brainforge.co.uk/downloads/hikashop-deli.../3-brainforge-manual
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #242033
by luwes2000
Replied by luwes2000 on topic Shipping cost based on distance {SOLVED}
Perfect! Thank you! Awesome Support!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds