- Posts: 113
- Thank you received: 18
UPS shows "2 packages" for a single item in cart
10 years 3 months ago #241939
by csymmonds
UPS shows "2 packages" for a single item in cart was created by csymmonds
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 45.0.2
We have seen a number of times when the UPS Shipping method shows a strange number of packages needed for products in the cart. At one point it showed 7 packages for 4 items for example.
At present I have a single item in the cart and the UPS Shipping Method shows "2 packages".
I've gone through the product, editing dimensions and weight trying to determine what might cause this. I've also experimented with the configuration of the UPS Shipping method trying to determine where this comes from.
If I set "Group Packages" to "No" in the shipping method configuration, the cart display no longer shows "2 packages", but if I understand the intent of this configuration option, I want to allow products to be grouped.
Also strange is that the shipping cost displayed is the same whether "2 packages" is displayed or not.
Is there something else I might be missing that is causing the number of packages to be incorrect?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 45.0.2
We have seen a number of times when the UPS Shipping method shows a strange number of packages needed for products in the cart. At one point it showed 7 packages for 4 items for example.
At present I have a single item in the cart and the UPS Shipping Method shows "2 packages".
I've gone through the product, editing dimensions and weight trying to determine what might cause this. I've also experimented with the configuration of the UPS Shipping method trying to determine where this comes from.
If I set "Group Packages" to "No" in the shipping method configuration, the cart display no longer shows "2 packages", but if I understand the intent of this configuration option, I want to allow products to be grouped.
Also strange is that the shipping cost displayed is the same whether "2 packages" is displayed or not.
Is there something else I might be missing that is causing the number of packages to be incorrect?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #242001
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic UPS shows "2 packages" for a single item in cart
Hi,
Your website requires a test user account to be able to access the shop. Could you provide such access so that we could have a look?
Also, could you give a link to a product page with the problem so that we can easily reproduce it ?
Your website requires a test user account to be able to access the shop. Could you provide such access so that we could have a look?
Also, could you give a link to a product page with the problem so that we can easily reproduce it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #242016
by csymmonds
Replied by csymmonds on topic UPS shows "2 packages" for a single item in cart
PM sent with credentials, links to products, and items left in cart showing the issue referenced.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #242140
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic UPS shows "2 packages" for a single item in cart
Hello,
Firstly, can you try it with that last version of the UPS shipping plugin ?
Thank you.
Firstly, can you try it with that last version of the UPS shipping plugin ?
Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #242172
by csymmonds
Replied by csymmonds on topic UPS shows "2 packages" for a single item in cart
I installed the provided .zip, cleared cache (though Joomla cache is disabled) and tested again.
I'm still getting "2 packages", sometimes "4 packages" for a single item - the same item.
To recreate:
Add item "teardrop small" to cart - shows "2 packages"
Add another item "brakes banner" to cart - shows "2 packages"
Deleted one of the items ("brakes banner") in the cart - shows "4 packages"
Refresh browser with F5 - shows "2 packages".
I left two items in the cart of the account provided. When first logging in and displaying the cart it shows 2 items in the cart and UPS shows "4 packages". Any redisplay of the cart (e.g. clicking home, then cart again) will show "2 packages".
I'm still getting "2 packages", sometimes "4 packages" for a single item - the same item.
To recreate:
Add item "teardrop small" to cart - shows "2 packages"
Add another item "brakes banner" to cart - shows "2 packages"
Deleted one of the items ("brakes banner") in the cart - shows "4 packages"
Refresh browser with F5 - shows "2 packages".
I left two items in the cart of the account provided. When first logging in and displaying the cart it shows 2 items in the cart and UPS shows "4 packages". Any redisplay of the cart (e.g. clicking home, then cart again) will show "2 packages".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 3 months ago #242176
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic UPS shows "2 packages" for a single item in cart
Hello,
I succeed to reproduce your issue on my end, so I'll fix it as soon as possible and get back to you. For the moment the solution can be to edit your translation file and change that line :
By :
So that it won't display the number of package while we fix it.
I succeed to reproduce your issue on my end, so I'll fix it as soon as possible and get back to you. For the moment the solution can be to edit your translation file and change that line :
Code:
X_PACKAGES="%s package(s)"
Code:
X_PACKAGES=""
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #242300
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic UPS shows "2 packages" for a single item in cart
Hello,
Can you test it with that last UPS shipping plugin version ? We just added a fix regarding the displaying of the number of grouped packages.
Thank you.
Can you test it with that last UPS shipping plugin version ? We just added a fix regarding the displaying of the number of grouped packages.
Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: csymmonds
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #242315
by csymmonds
Replied by csymmonds on topic UPS shows "2 packages" for a single item in cart
This looks good, thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds