Kiala?
I used the search on this and found a 2+year old topic? I was wondering if there has been any progress on developping this? If not please see the below.
If there isn't a dedicated kiala plugin i guess in the mean time i can add a manual shipping method for it. The "problem" is that the Kiala delivery method works with fixed pickup points specified by a point number. Is there any way that, when users are selecting this shipping method, 1 or more text fields appears under it when a text field label like "Enter kialapoint pickup number" and "Kiala point name" or something? I also would need to be able set a weight restriction to it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't know of any existing solution for Kiala.
You can create custom order fields but they will display regardless of the shipping method. So it would require custom code to display and process them only when needed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Creating custom fields for the checkout is quite easy. Go in the menu Display>Custom fields and click on the "new" button. There, select the table "order".
Also, check that you didn't remove the "fields" view from your "checkout workflow" in the HikaShop configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I guess the textarea width is restricted by your template ; not by HikaShop.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, we'll need a link to the page in that case.
You can send it along with a link to this thread through our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As expected, the width of the textarea is limited by your template CSS with the code:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Because I am also in a desperate need of Kiala plugin, I am trying to create this field as you wrote , but I can't create the "order" table It is fixed by adress. Is there a way to fix this ? This is a part of the Favtheme "artis" template I bought especially for the easy hikashop
Thank you for any answer !
Yuri
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Note that custom fields from the "Order" table are only available through the business version of Hikashop as it's said on our documentation :
Order custom fields: you will be able to personalize the information you can also gather from your customers when they order something on your store. But the difference with the previous type of custom field is that these fields appear on the checkout in the fields view. For example, You can ask them information about the delivery or the payment or a "comments to the shop" field. Then, you will find this information on the order details and/or the orders listing on the back end. This is only available in the business version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
the solution or the bypass I created is an extra field for the Kiala store that must be filled in by the registration. If people choose later on for Kiala, than I can see the needed information this way. And the shoppers can change it easyly. For this I also added some lines in the registration-bootstrap.php to open the" Kiala search shop" webpage.with a link that only appaers in the registration form.
kind regards,
Yuri
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.