- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping parcel or lettersize? How to do this?
- Cybermissy
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #249017
by Cybermissy
Shipping parcel or lettersize? How to do this? was created by Cybermissy
Hi!
I hope you can help me. I need parcels-size and letter-size for my shipping methods. Different shipping costs. I see a lot of options but nothing to decide of it's a parcel or a letter. Volume doesn't work for this because I need a maximum height. Is there a solution for this?
Thank you
I hope you can help me. I need parcels-size and letter-size for my shipping methods. Different shipping costs. I see a lot of options but nothing to decide of it's a parcel or a letter. Volume doesn't work for this because I need a maximum height. Is there a solution for this?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 weeks ago #249020
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping parcel or lettersize? How to do this?
Hi,
It's hard to give any useful information without more precisions on what you want to do.
You could for example create two warehouses, one for each group of products, and the select the warehouse in each product and then configure the manual shipping methods for each warehouse via the menu System>Shipping methods.
On the checkout, the products would be grouped by warehouse with the shipping costs calculated for each group.
Without knowing more on what you really need, this might foot the bill. But maybe it's not adapted ?
It's hard to give any useful information without more precisions on what you want to do.
You could for example create two warehouses, one for each group of products, and the select the warehouse in each product and then configure the manual shipping methods for each warehouse via the menu System>Shipping methods.
On the checkout, the products would be grouped by warehouse with the shipping costs calculated for each group.
Without knowing more on what you really need, this might foot the bill. But maybe it's not adapted ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Cybermissy
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 3 weeks ago #249087
by Cybermissy
Replied by Cybermissy on topic Shipping parcel or lettersize? How to do this?
Hi Nicolas,
Excuse me I was not clear enough :blush:
I have products that can be sent as letterpost (Max 38 x 26,5 x 3,2 cm size en 2 kg weight), Shipping costs are € 2,95 for these products. All other products cost € 4,95 and are sent as a parcel in a box.
How do I create this?
Excuse me I was not clear enough :blush:
I have products that can be sent as letterpost (Max 38 x 26,5 x 3,2 cm size en 2 kg weight), Shipping costs are € 2,95 for these products. All other products cost € 4,95 and are sent as a parcel in a box.
How do I create this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 weeks ago #249094
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping parcel or lettersize? How to do this?
Hi,
So what happens when someone purchase 1 product of each type ? Does he pay 4.95 only or 4.95+2.95 ?
What if he purchases two letter type products ? Does he pay 2.95 ? or 2.95+2.95 ?
So what happens when someone purchase 1 product of each type ? Does he pay 4.95 only or 4.95+2.95 ?
What if he purchases two letter type products ? Does he pay 2.95 ? or 2.95+2.95 ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Cybermissy
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 3 weeks ago #249159
by Cybermissy
Replied by Cybermissy on topic Shipping parcel or lettersize? How to do this?
Everything below this Max 38 x 26,5 x 3,2 cm size en 2 kg weight is 2,95 and everything above it is 4,95. So its about the whole shoppingcart. And It's different per country.
The sizes and weight are in the products but I can only limit the shipping costs with volume and not with size. I hope you have another possibility for this
Thank you!
The sizes and weight are in the products but I can only limit the shipping costs with volume and not with size. I hope you have another possibility for this
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 3 weeks ago #249170
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping parcel or lettersize? How to do this?
Hello,
There is actually no option to exactly do it, the only solutions will be to :
- Create 2 warehouses (one for each type of products)
- Add your products on the good warehouse according to its dimension / weight
- Create multiple manual shipping methods with different prices and warehouses
OR
- Create new options to restrict shipping methods (max/min width,height, length)
OR
- Directly create a custom shipping plugin which will be able to handle it, but to do it you'll require some development skills and Hikashop knowledge.
The sizes and weight are in the products but I can only limit the shipping costs with volume and not with size. I hope you have another possibility for this
There is actually no option to exactly do it, the only solutions will be to :
- Create 2 warehouses (one for each type of products)
- Add your products on the good warehouse according to its dimension / weight
- Create multiple manual shipping methods with different prices and warehouses
OR
- Create new options to restrict shipping methods (max/min width,height, length)
OR
- Directly create a custom shipping plugin which will be able to handle it, but to do it you'll require some development skills and Hikashop knowledge.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Cybermissy
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 3 weeks ago #249263
by Cybermissy
Replied by Cybermissy on topic Shipping parcel or lettersize? How to do this?
Hi Thank you!
Can you explain more about this second option? How to do this?
Thank you
OR
- Create new options to restrict shipping methods (max/min width,height, length)
Can you explain more about this second option? How to do this?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 3 weeks ago #249279
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping parcel or lettersize? How to do this?
Hello,
As the third option, you'll have to edit several Hikashop files to create these options and also properly handle them, so you'll need some development skills and Hikashop knowledge.
As the third option, you'll have to edit several Hikashop files to create these options and also properly handle them, so you'll need some development skills and Hikashop knowledge.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds