ShipStation Plugin Authentication
- PolishedGeek
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
Less
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #252827
by PolishedGeek
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
ShipStation Plugin Authentication was created by PolishedGeek
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 53.0.2785.143 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Unexpected username and password
Good Afternoon,
I'm trying to make use of the ShipStation plugin for HikaShop, but when I add my ShipStation credentials to the fields, it says "Unexpected username and password". I consulted the documentation here . I also took extra care to make sure my password only consisted of alphanumeric characters, no special characters (as I understand, ShipStation doesn't play nicely with them). Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Regards,
Milton
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 53.0.2785.143 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Unexpected username and password
Good Afternoon,
I'm trying to make use of the ShipStation plugin for HikaShop, but when I add my ShipStation credentials to the fields, it says "Unexpected username and password". I consulted the documentation here . I also took extra care to make sure my password only consisted of alphanumeric characters, no special characters (as I understand, ShipStation doesn't play nicely with them). Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Regards,
Milton
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by PolishedGeek.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #252926
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic ShipStation Plugin Authentication
Hello,
Can you precise the context where the error appear ?
And which fields do you speak about ?
- In the HikaShop Shipstation plugin configuration or in Shipstation setting page ( ss4.shipstation.com/ ) ?
- Do you have define your merchant account in your Shipstation setting page ?
Sorry to answer you with question but for now I need these points to understand what happen.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Can you precise the context where the error appear ?
And which fields do you speak about ?
- In the HikaShop Shipstation plugin configuration or in Shipstation setting page ( ss4.shipstation.com/ ) ?
- Do you have define your merchant account in your Shipstation setting page ?
Sorry to answer you with question but for now I need these points to understand what happen.
Awaiting news from you.
Regards
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PolishedGeek
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
9 years 11 months ago #252973
by PolishedGeek
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Replied by PolishedGeek on topic ShipStation Plugin Authentication
Hi Philip,
No problem. Thanks for getting back to me. What I'm having trouble with is when I either go to the /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=shipstation URL directly, or pass that URL to ShipStation while making the Custom Store through the ShipStation website, after adding my ShipStation credentials to the Joomla plugin, it throws the "Unexpected username and password" error.
If you need anymore information from me, just let me know. Thanks again.
No problem. Thanks for getting back to me. What I'm having trouble with is when I either go to the /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=shipstation URL directly, or pass that URL to ShipStation while making the Custom Store through the ShipStation website, after adding my ShipStation credentials to the Joomla plugin, it throws the "Unexpected username and password" error.
If you need anymore information from me, just let me know. Thanks again.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #253032
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic ShipStation Plugin Authentication
Hello,
http://YOURWEBSITE/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=shipstation&SS-UserName=admin&SS-Password=password&action=export&test=1&start_date=10%2f8%2f2015+12%3a47&end_date=11%2f26%2f2015+18%3a55&page=1
If you an error message here :
The only logical explanation must be an error somewhere in Username OR Password, false input ? Maybe another specific character that make leads to this issue... Keep in mind that references parameters are sent by ShipStation in Url and so other characters can create some issue.
Hope this will help you.
Regards
It's normal, in order to access directly (for test processing I guess) your Shipstation plugin system, you must add the username and password (and date that will define which period is target) :"No problem. Thanks for getting back to me. What I'm having trouble with is when I either go to the /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=shipstation URL directly,..."
http://YOURWEBSITE/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=shipstation&SS-UserName=admin&SS-Password=password&action=export&test=1&start_date=10%2f8%2f2015+12%3a47&end_date=11%2f26%2f2015+18%3a55&page=1
"...or pass that URL to ShipStation while making the Custom Store through the ShipStation website, after adding my ShipStation credentials to the Joomla plugin, it throws the "Unexpected username and password" error."
If you an error message here :
The only logical explanation must be an error somewhere in Username OR Password, false input ? Maybe another specific character that make leads to this issue... Keep in mind that references parameters are sent by ShipStation in Url and so other characters can create some issue.
Hope this will help you.
Regards
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PolishedGeek
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
9 years 11 months ago #253103
by PolishedGeek
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Replied by PolishedGeek on topic ShipStation Plugin Authentication
Thanks for all of your help, Philip
I figured it out. I'm guessing their API has a string length limit on the password or something because all I did was change the password, but using a shorter alphanumeric string. Weird. I think I should be good now.
I figured it out. I'm guessing their API has a string length limit on the password or something because all I did was change the password, but using a shorter alphanumeric string. Weird. I think I should be good now.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds