- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
Must I have a Shipping Method?
9 years 10 months ago #254977
by jefit
Must I have a Shipping Method? was created by jefit
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
I am creating my first HikaShop.
I will be placing the product in a standard envelop and posting it myself using Australia Post.
The cost of postage has been included in the product price.
Do I need to create a shipping method?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
I am creating my first HikaShop.
I will be placing the product in a standard envelop and posting it myself using Australia Post.
The cost of postage has been included in the product price.
Do I need to create a shipping method?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #254981
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Must I have a Shipping Method?
Hi,
If the shipping price is already in the product price, then you don't want any shipping method.
Disable/delete your shipping methods in the menu System>Shipping methods if you already created any, and remove the "shipping" view from the "checkout workflow" setting of the HikaShop configuration and you won't have to choose a shipping method during the checkout.
If the shipping price is already in the product price, then you don't want any shipping method.
Disable/delete your shipping methods in the menu System>Shipping methods if you already created any, and remove the "shipping" view from the "checkout workflow" setting of the HikaShop configuration and you won't have to choose a shipping method during the checkout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jefit
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #255542
by rgaffney
Replied by rgaffney on topic Must I have a Shipping Method?
My customers will be billed for shipping separately from the order and checkout process. Since I have the Shipping method plugin enabled it displays "Free Shipping" by default which my shipping is NEVER free. If I disable/delete the shipping plugin is there another place within the order process workflow where I can enter a text note to the customer stating that "Shipping Charges will be processed separately"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #255661
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Must I have a Shipping Method?
Hi,
You can change the "Free Shipping" text with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
You can add your text in one of the view files of the view "checkout" via the menu Display>Views.
Which file and where in the file will depend on where you want to display it exactly on your checkout and how you configured your checkout.
You can change the "Free Shipping" text with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
You can add your text in one of the view files of the view "checkout" via the menu Display>Views.
Which file and where in the file will depend on where you want to display it exactly on your checkout and how you configured your checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds