- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 1
Can't select different shipping methods on checkout page using the new checkout
Hi All,
1) User has added items to cart
2) User clicks on checkout
3) User proceeds to selecting a shipping method but every time the shipping methods are reloaded (ajax?) it always reverts to the first one published.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Using the Legacy checkout system I'm able to select any of the multiple shipping methods.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Would it be possible to have details about your configuration ?
Do you have warehouses ? How are your shipping methods configured ?
How is your checkout workflow configured ?
Do you have a "step by step" procedure to see your issue in your website ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for your response, please see my answers below:
I have 1 HikaShop manual shipping plugin, it has restrictions on Maximum weight: 9lb and Minimum price: $99.00. Basically, any shipment above 99$ and weighs less than 9lb is free. In addition, I have 3 HikaShop UPS shipping plugins, 1 for UPS Ground (USA, PUERTO RICO), 1 for UPS Second Day Air (USA, PUERTO RICO) and 1 for UPS Next Day Air (USA, PUERTO RICO). If you were wondering why I have 3 HikaShop UPS shipping plugins it's because in order to have UPS GROUND show up first in the front-end I needed it to have a HikaShop UPS shipping plugins that displays only UPS GROUND and then the other 2, UPS Second Day Air and UPS Next Day Air. Basically, I can control the ordering this way.
I have 1 Warehouse, all my items are set to be shipped from that Warehouse. My UPS shipping methods have my UPS credentials under "Specific configuration". I also set all the info under the "Warehouse" section inside each UPS plugin.
My checkout workflow is Cart -> Address -> Payment Shipping -> Cart. My Checkout is using the new system (no-legacy).
If you login to the website front-end, and add 5x kolors.com/permanent-cream-hair-color/as...a-dark-ash-brownthis product (or any other product, with any other quantity, it doesn't seem to matter) and proceed to checkout, use a shipping address within USA, you will see the error occurring.
The issue is, no matter what shipping method is made available, the user can select the one the user wants but the Ajax refresh always defaults back to the first 1 listed. I have disabled the shipping methods in order to rule out one that is causing any issue but even when disabling the shipping methods I get the same issue.
EDIT: I created a second Manual plugin, a copy of the first manual plugin with some values adjusted (weight restriction 8lb instead of 9lb) and during the checkout process I can actually select between the two manual plugins, but not the UPS plugins. So the issue is with the UPS plugins.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you try to download the last build of HikaShop 3.0, because there is some fix corrections on Warhouse and checkout process.
Hope this will fix your issue, awaiting news from you.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I installed the latest build as you instructed but unfortunately the same issue remains; The user cannot select a UPS shipping method, only the first UPS shipping method published can be selected. When the user tried to select a different UPS shipping method the Ajax refreshes and the selected is always on the first UPS shipping method.
This is a UPS shipping plugin problem, any other shipping plugin (manual for example) allows the user to select which shipping method to use.
Side note, when using the legacy add to cart with this latest build, the user cannot add more than 1 quantity on any product at once. Only 1 quantity is added no matter what the user enters as quantity.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
In that case can you send us a temporary access to your back-end through our contact form, so that we can directly test and debug it on your end :This is a UPS shipping plugin problem, any other shipping plugin (manual for example) allows the user to select which shipping method to use.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please don't forget to also specify a link to that thread in your message.
Thank you !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've submitted the information in the contact form as you've instructed.
Mustafa
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Thank you for your feedback !
We succeed to reproduce the issue on our end, can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you, the latest version of Hikashop has fixed the issue I was experiencing, happy to know I wasn't alone facing this bug.
Have you guys had a chance to look into why the legacy version of the Add to cart only allows the user to enter 1 item at a time to cart?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you please open a new thread for that issue and provide the basic details in your post ?Have you guys had a chance to look into why the legacy version of the Add to cart only allows the user to enter 1 item at a time to cart?
(like your HikaShop 3 build number, your current configuration, if you have some view overrides, etc)
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I will do that in the very near future, thank you.
In the meantime, regarding this thread issue, I noticed that the email notifications do not indicate the proper UPS shipping method names, instead in the email itself there is a line as such:
[ 9-3@2 ] ($17.39)
I assume anything in between the brackets is the UPS shipping method but how am I supposed to now which UPS shipping method those numbers are?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Because we cannot reproduce your issue ; please provide configuration details.
HikaShop 3.0 build number
checkout mode (legacy or not)
checkout setting
shipping setting
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.