- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
Imperial Weights After Fedex Update
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #265050
by Rapid
Imperial Weights After Fedex Update was created by Rapid
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
Hi,
I just upgraded the Fedex plugin to correct some issues. After doing so and everything looked OK. Fedex informed me that the site is now sending all weights in Pounds/Ounces/Inches etc.
I looked at fedex.php and can see this is hard coded throughout the file eg:
if($pkg == "LBS")
or
($order, array('weight_unit' => 'lb', 'volume_unit' => 'in',
And so on.
I intend to change this to metric but want to make sure it won't effect anything else. All of my measurments are in metric - g/mm etc.
I have everything in the backend (products etc.) set to Grams and Millimeters so should I use g & mm or KG & CM???
Thanks.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
Hi,
I just upgraded the Fedex plugin to correct some issues. After doing so and everything looked OK. Fedex informed me that the site is now sending all weights in Pounds/Ounces/Inches etc.
I looked at fedex.php and can see this is hard coded throughout the file eg:
if($pkg == "LBS")
or
($order, array('weight_unit' => 'lb', 'volume_unit' => 'in',
And so on.
I intend to change this to metric but want to make sure it won't effect anything else. All of my measurments are in metric - g/mm etc.
I have everything in the backend (products etc.) set to Grams and Millimeters so should I use g & mm or KG & CM???
Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Rapid.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #265081
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Imperial Weights After Fedex Update
Hello,
Yes, the FedEx plugin is now sending products weight and dimension in LB and IN.
Note that the FedEx plugin will convert all your products weight and dimensions to lb/in and then send it to the FedEx platform, so you can use the weight/dimension unit that you want for your products.
Also if you really want your FedEx shipping plugin to send your products weight/dimensions to the FedEx platform in kg/cm then you'll also have to edit these lines which define the maximum weight/dimension that a package must have in lb/in :
Yes, the FedEx plugin is now sending products weight and dimension in LB and IN.
I intend to change this to metric but want to make sure it won't effect anything else. All of my measurments are in metric - g/mm etc.
I have everything in the backend (products etc.) set to Grams and Millimeters so should I use g & mm or KG & CM???
Note that the FedEx plugin will convert all your products weight and dimensions to lb/in and then send it to the FedEx platform, so you can use the weight/dimension unit that you want for your products.
Also if you really want your FedEx shipping plugin to send your products weight/dimensions to the FedEx platform in kg/cm then you'll also have to edit these lines which define the maximum weight/dimension that a package must have in lb/in :
Code:
$limit = array(
'y' => 119,
'w' => 150,
'length_girth' => 165
);
if(!empty($rate->shipping_params->methods)) {
foreach($rate->shipping_params->methods as $k => $service_name) {
$l_lenght = 0; $l_weight = 0; $l_dimension = 0;
if($service_name == 'FEDEX_GROUND')
$limit['y'] = 108;
if($service_name == 'GROUND_HOME_DELIVERY')
$limit['w'] = 70;
if(in_array($service_name,$international_limit))
$limit['length_girth'] = 130;
}
}
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 6 months ago #265136
by Rapid
Replied by Rapid on topic Imperial Weights After Fedex Update
Thanks for the advice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds