- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
Shipping cost manipulation
9 years 5 months ago #267078
by rndm
Shipping cost manipulation was created by rndm
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
Hello there!
I use UPS and FedEx shipping plugins for a while. I sell a lot of complex-shaped goods which are packed by shipping companies in an unknown way. This leads to a fact that actual shipping price is different from the price calculated during the checkout. After 1,5 years of usage I calculated that I pay ~8% more than I recieve from my customers.
So, I'd like to increase shipping price by 8%. For example, If UPS plugin says that shipping costs 100$, than customer should pay me 108$ etc.
Is there an ability to do that? I tried to use dimensions approximation, but it works really weird.
Thanks!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
Hello there!
I use UPS and FedEx shipping plugins for a while. I sell a lot of complex-shaped goods which are packed by shipping companies in an unknown way. This leads to a fact that actual shipping price is different from the price calculated during the checkout. After 1,5 years of usage I calculated that I pay ~8% more than I recieve from my customers.
So, I'd like to increase shipping price by 8%. For example, If UPS plugin says that shipping costs 100$, than customer should pay me 108$ etc.
Is there an ability to do that? I tried to use dimensions approximation, but it works really weird.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
9 years 5 months ago #267089
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping cost manipulation
Hello,
The solution will just be to use the "Percentage" option to "8" through your shipping configuration pages.
The solution will just be to use the "Percentage" option to "8" through your shipping configuration pages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 5 months ago #267175
by rndm
Replied by rndm on topic Shipping cost manipulation
This isn't working as I described before. Let's take a look.
I'm making a dummy order. UPS "percentage" option is set to 0. See the shipping costs in pic "before".
First option = $125.65.
Than I change "percentage" to 8% (pic. UPS) So, prices have changed (pic "after")
First option = $172.45.
This is wrong. I want to see $125.65+8% = $135.70.
It looks like this percentage is counted based on the price of goods in the cart instead of initial shipping costs.
Goods = $585.
Shipping = $125.65 + ($585*0.08) = $125.65 + $46.8 = $172.45
I'm making a dummy order. UPS "percentage" option is set to 0. See the shipping costs in pic "before".
First option = $125.65.
Than I change "percentage" to 8% (pic. UPS) So, prices have changed (pic "after")
First option = $172.45.
This is wrong. I want to see $125.65+8% = $135.70.
It looks like this percentage is counted based on the price of goods in the cart instead of initial shipping costs.
Goods = $585.
Shipping = $125.65 + ($585*0.08) = $125.65 + $46.8 = $172.45
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
9 years 5 months ago #267184
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping cost manipulation
Hello,
My bad, you're right. In that case the solution will be to directly edit the code of the "\plugins\hikashopshipping\ups\ups.php" file of the UPS plugin to directly add 8% to the price returned by the UPS shipping platform.
Percentage : Additionally to the price of the field above, you can also set here a percentage of the total of the order's products. The result amount will be added to the price so that you can have a fix minimum price and a percentage fee on top of it.
My bad, you're right. In that case the solution will be to directly edit the code of the "\plugins\hikashopshipping\ups\ups.php" file of the UPS plugin to directly add 8% to the price returned by the UPS shipping platform.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rndm
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 5 months ago #267413
by rndm
Replied by rndm on topic Shipping cost manipulation
Thank you a lot.
As I understand, if I make a customization by manual file editing, it can be lost after this shipping pluging update.
I was just wondering if there is a way to avoid it.
Have a nice day!
As I understand, if I make a customization by manual file editing, it can be lost after this shipping pluging update.
I was just wondering if there is a way to avoid it.
Have a nice day!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
9 years 5 months ago #267423
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping cost manipulation
Hello,
A solution will either be to :
- Save a copy of your shipping plugin customization, to install it back after every update.
Or
- Make a copy of that plugin by rename it so that you won't loose anything after every update.
A solution will either be to :
- Save a copy of your shipping plugin customization, to install it back after every update.
Or
- Make a copy of that plugin by rename it so that you won't loose anything after every update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rndm
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds