- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
'no shipping method found' until address added
8 years 8 months ago #286189
by jefit
'no shipping method found' until address added was created by jefit
The product has weight / dimensions.
Shipping is in the workflow (one column layout).
The shipping method is HikaShop Australia Post shipping plugin V2.
I understand from reading other posts that the red 'no shipping method found' notice will show until the address is filled in by the user.
But that looks bad! To the user it looks like there is an error on the page.
I know if I change the checkout flow to multiple steps, then I won't see the red notice but there must be some other way of fixing it?
Shipping is in the workflow (one column layout).
The shipping method is HikaShop Australia Post shipping plugin V2.
I understand from reading other posts that the red 'no shipping method found' notice will show until the address is filled in by the user.
But that looks bad! To the user it looks like there is an error on the page.
I know if I change the checkout flow to multiple steps, then I won't see the red notice but there must be some other way of fixing it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #286197
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 'no shipping method found' until address added
Hi,
Sure. Create a manual shipping method with its access level set to "public". You can name it "Australia Post".
If you don't set a shipping price in it, it will display the text "free shipping" and you can use a translation override to change it to "TBD" for example:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Sure. Create a manual shipping method with its access level set to "public". You can name it "Australia Post".
If you don't set a shipping price in it, it will display the text "free shipping" and you can use a translation override to change it to "TBD" for example:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #286251
by jefit
Replied by jefit on topic 'no shipping method found' until address added
Thankyou.
I did this but after the address details are OK'd, it remains as one of the radio button choices of shipping methods.
How do I stop it being an option for the buyer?
I did this but after the address details are OK'd, it remains as one of the radio button choices of shipping methods.
How do I stop it being an option for the buyer?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #286255
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic 'no shipping method found' until address added
Hello,
I'm afraid that we are not able to understand what you're talking about.
Please clarify.
You can use screenshot to help you illustrate or show us what is your issue.
Regards,
I'm afraid that we are not able to understand what you're talking about.
Please clarify.
You can use screenshot to help you illustrate or show us what is your issue.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #286297
by jefit
Replied by jefit on topic 'no shipping method found' until address added
I have attached a screenshot. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #286303
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 'no shipping method found' until address added
Hi,
If you set the "access level" of the shipping method to "public", then it won't be available after the customer validate the registration form.
So this should not happen.... unless you've changed the checkout configuration to use the "guest" mode.
In that case, even after the form, the customer will still be in the "public" group.
In that case, you can use plan B:
instead of restricting the shipping method to a user group, you can instea restrict it to a zone like for example a fake state zone that you can create in the menu System>Zones.
Then, select that zone in the "main tax zone" setting so that this zone is selected by default before the user enters his address.
If you set the "access level" of the shipping method to "public", then it won't be available after the customer validate the registration form.
So this should not happen.... unless you've changed the checkout configuration to use the "guest" mode.
In that case, even after the form, the customer will still be in the "public" group.
In that case, you can use plan B:
instead of restricting the shipping method to a user group, you can instea restrict it to a zone like for example a fake state zone that you can create in the menu System>Zones.
Then, select that zone in the "main tax zone" setting so that this zone is selected by default before the user enters his address.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jefit
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #286427
by jefit
Replied by jefit on topic 'no shipping method found' until address added
The Starter version doesn't have "access level" so I would use plan B. A fake zone is an excellent solution.
Thankyou.
Thankyou.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds