- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 1
Custom shipping - pick up solution
- andrewatya
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
8 years 7 months ago #288653
by andrewatya
Custom shipping - pick up solution was created by andrewatya
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 58.0.2
Hi,
I have read many topics, but still find nothing suitable for me.
In my webshop, customers should be able to receive packets on a pickup point. I'm looking for a custom (or special) plugin, where I can make a custom list of pickup points and customers could select one place to receive the packet there. This option must be also sent by e-mail and get into the order's database. It would be a dropdown solution with a submit button, and only after, costumers could send their order.
So it would be like a form integrated into the shipping method. Is there any available plugin like this (without any API key restrictions) that can be used for this? Or must be a developer to create a standalone one?
I thought about using more manual shipping plugins together, however I have more than 100 pickup points, it is not a solution.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
András
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 58.0.2
Hi,
I have read many topics, but still find nothing suitable for me.
In my webshop, customers should be able to receive packets on a pickup point. I'm looking for a custom (or special) plugin, where I can make a custom list of pickup points and customers could select one place to receive the packet there. This option must be also sent by e-mail and get into the order's database. It would be a dropdown solution with a submit button, and only after, costumers could send their order.
So it would be like a form integrated into the shipping method. Is there any available plugin like this (without any API key restrictions) that can be used for this? Or must be a developer to create a standalone one?
I thought about using more manual shipping plugins together, however I have more than 100 pickup points, it is not a solution.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
András
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 7 months ago #288681
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom shipping - pick up solution
Hi,
You don't need a plugin for that.
You can create a custom field of the table "order" and of the type "single dropdown" via the menu Display>Custom fields with the Business edition.
In the custom field, you can enter the values you want.
The only restriction with that, is that you can't easily restrict the dropdown to appear only for some shipping methods and not others (if that's something you need), and in that case, it would require a bit of javascript to hide/display the field based on the selected shipping method. But that's about it.
You don't need a plugin for that.
You can create a custom field of the table "order" and of the type "single dropdown" via the menu Display>Custom fields with the Business edition.
In the custom field, you can enter the values you want.
The only restriction with that, is that you can't easily restrict the dropdown to appear only for some shipping methods and not others (if that's something you need), and in that case, it would require a bit of javascript to hide/display the field based on the selected shipping method. But that's about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrewatya
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- andrewatya
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 1
8 years 7 months ago #288787
by andrewatya
Replied by andrewatya on topic Custom shipping - pick up solution
Thank you. I understand this trick. However I will wait for sy to make a unique plugin for free users which can handle the pickup point functions via shipping method (it would be well integrated thing into the shipping process).
Thank you!
András
Thank you!
András
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds