- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 2
Custom fields, editing order status email, tracking number
7 years 10 months ago #300920
by joanne721
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.0
Hi,
I have been trying to figure this out for days and I just don't get it. I have read the documentation and tried to create custom fields but I just can't figure out how to do this.
I want to add the following text to the 'order status shipped' email:
To track your order, please visit www.ups.com/WebTracking/track
and enter the tracking number below:
123456778889999
I would then manually enter the order's tracking number on each email before I sent it. But I can't figure out if this is a custom field. And if it is, which category does it belong in and how do I put it on only the shipping email. Or if this is an email template change. And if it is, how/where to change it. Or if I make this change in the {ORDER_BEGIN_MESSAGE} and if so, where do I make that change and have it only on the shipping email...
I am trying to use Hikashop with a drop shipping/print-on-demand company. They will supply the tracking number. I just have to figure out how to send it to my customers. Something tells me it shouldn't be this difficult -- I must be missing something basic.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Joanne
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.0
Hi,
I have been trying to figure this out for days and I just don't get it. I have read the documentation and tried to create custom fields but I just can't figure out how to do this.
I want to add the following text to the 'order status shipped' email:
To track your order, please visit www.ups.com/WebTracking/track
and enter the tracking number below:
123456778889999
I would then manually enter the order's tracking number on each email before I sent it. But I can't figure out if this is a custom field. And if it is, which category does it belong in and how do I put it on only the shipping email. Or if this is an email template change. And if it is, how/where to change it. Or if I make this change in the {ORDER_BEGIN_MESSAGE} and if so, where do I make that change and have it only on the shipping email...
I am trying to use Hikashop with a drop shipping/print-on-demand company. They will supply the tracking number. I just have to figure out how to send it to my customers. Something tells me it shouldn't be this difficult -- I must be missing something basic.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Joanne
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #300950
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Custom fields, editing order status email, tracking number
Hello,
I will guide you step by step in order to allow to check that you don't forget a detail :
1°) Custom field settings, take a good care of red bordered setting on my screenshot
In Main HikaSHop Configuration => Display dropdown select Custom field, then create the New Custom field
2°) See the result in your order listing => Order Number to edit your order :
3°) Result in the Email, from HikaShop Main Configuration, go in System dropdown select Emails, and edit the Order status notification, click on Preview button, and select a order (bu his number) processed AFTER you have made previous settings, see my screenshot :
Hope this will help you to get what is lacking.
Regards
I will guide you step by step in order to allow to check that you don't forget a detail :
1°) Custom field settings, take a good care of red bordered setting on my screenshot
In Main HikaSHop Configuration => Display dropdown select Custom field, then create the New Custom field
2°) See the result in your order listing => Order Number to edit your order :
3°) Result in the Email, from HikaShop Main Configuration, go in System dropdown select Emails, and edit the Order status notification, click on Preview button, and select a order (bu his number) processed AFTER you have made previous settings, see my screenshot :
Hope this will help you to get what is lacking.
Regards
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300968
by joanne721
Replied by joanne721 on topic Custom fields, editing order status email, tracking number
That's fantastic! Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that!
Do you know how I would add the following to the Additional Information area?
To track your order, please visit www.ups.com/WebTracking/track
and enter the tracking number below:
(tracking number here)
Would I add this wording to the email template or is it another custom field?
Thanks again!
Do you know how I would add the following to the Additional Information area?
To track your order, please visit www.ups.com/WebTracking/track
and enter the tracking number below:
(tracking number here)
Would I add this wording to the email template or is it another custom field?
Thanks again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300988
by joanne721
Replied by joanne721 on topic Custom fields, editing order status email, tracking number
Hello! I think I figured it out. I made an override in the language file and it seems to work.
Thanks again for all your help.
Joanne
Thanks again for all your help.
Joanne
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds