Hide Shipping Options Until Logged Into Account
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hello,
Currently, on my site, until the user is logged in, all USPS shipping options are hidden.
Problem is, that I also have a local pickup option using the Manual Shipping plugin in HikaShop, and it shows when people are not logged in which is causing a TON of confusion. I cannot find anywhere that allows me to hide that until a user is logged into their account (and in this case in my local area).
How can I do this?
Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Sure, the solution will be to use Access levels through your manual shipping method configuration page "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Shipping methods", and restrict that shipping methods to only logged in user groups.
We wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
Sure, the solution will be to use Access levels through your manual shipping method configuration page "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Shipping methods", and restrict that shipping methods to only logged in user groups.
We wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Unfortunately that is only showing up if I had the Business Edition which I don't.
It's odd that USPS doesn't show, but Manual does...why is that?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
USPS is hidden because it will need a complete shipping address to properly ask to the USPS platform which services will be available for that order and shipping address.
A solution can be to add the "shipping" step just after the "login/address" through your checkout workflow that you can configure via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
USPS is hidden because it will need a complete shipping address to properly ask to the USPS platform which services will be available for that order and shipping address.
A solution can be to add the "shipping" step just after the "login/address" through your checkout workflow that you can configure via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Well...it's currently not "right" after login, but it is after it. Please see attached image...does it matter if I were to move it?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Yes, the solution will be for example to add login / address in the first step (with the cart to properly summarize your customers orders), and the put the other checkout actions on the second step.
That way, shipping methods will only be searched after properly having your customers account and address information.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
Yes, the solution will be for example to add login / address in the first step (with the cart to properly summarize your customers orders), and the put the other checkout actions on the second step.
That way, shipping methods will only be searched after properly having your customers account and address information.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Ahhh...I think I follow you now. I'm going to toy with it on the staging site and see if I can get that to work. So basically each "step" will be another screen...right?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Yes that's it !So basically each "step" will be another screen...right?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
Yes that's it !So basically each "step" will be another screen...right?
Huh...I swear I did this setup before, and it did not work, but...it's working right now in test and I like it!
Thank you Mohamed!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
No thank YOU, for your feedback, you really helped us improve the USPS shipping plugin.
We wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.