Incorrect Shipping Options for New Zealand Customer
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hello,
I had a customer from New Zealand inform me that he is only getting Priority Mail International shipping prices for an item that weighs 3lb. This is obviously under the 4lb weight limit for First Class Mail International.
How can I figure out what is going on? I've copied his address exactly, and even verified it on Google that it is correct. I've even confirmed on USPS website that there is no odd weight limit to New Zealand.
Makes me wonder if other customers in other countries are having the same issue as International Sales have declined in the last couple months.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
The best solution will probably be to use the "Debug" mode option of your USPS shipping configuration page to see what's sent to and returned from the USPS shipping platform through the HTML code of your checkout workflow (pressing F12 will do the job).
Which will enable you to contact and send it to USPS to ask them why they're only returning Priority Mail International shipping prices, it will greatly help us to improve the plugin if they could tell us the reason. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
The best solution will probably be to use the "Debug" mode option of your USPS shipping configuration page to see what's sent to and returned from the USPS shipping platform through the HTML code of your checkout workflow (pressing F12 will do the job).
Which will enable you to contact and send it to USPS to ask them why they're only returning Priority Mail International shipping prices, it will greatly help us to improve the plugin if they could tell us the reason. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Mohamed...sorry for the late reply. Had to go to the eye Dr. and my eyes are just now getting back to normal from dilation.
So I made a test site, turned debugging on for the site, as well as the shipping options...and I'm in the cart at checkout, with F-12 open...and I am just not finding anything. What am I supposed to do that I'm not doing to find this debug log?
Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Well, on some website, debugs doesn't seem to be displayed correctly, because of the cache. Can you send us a temporary back-end access to your test website so that we can directly test it and retrieve the code sent and returned from the USPS platform ? Thank you!So I made a test site, turned debugging on for the site, as well as the shipping options...and I'm in the cart at checkout, with F-12 open...and I am just not finding anything. What am I supposed to do that I'm not doing to find this debug log?
Mohamed...sorry for the late reply. Had to go to the eye Dr. and my eyes are just now getting back to normal from dilation.
That's great, I'm really glad for you., wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
Well, on some website, debugs doesn't seem to be displayed correctly, because of the cache. Can you send us a temporary back-end access to your test website so that we can directly test it and retrieve the code sent and returned from the USPS platform ? Thank you!So I made a test site, turned debugging on for the site, as well as the shipping options...and I'm in the cart at checkout, with F-12 open...and I am just not finding anything. What am I supposed to do that I'm not doing to find this debug log?
Mohamed...sorry for the late reply. Had to go to the eye Dr. and my eyes are just now getting back to normal from dilation.
That's great, I'm really glad for you., wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Thank you Mohamed...
I heard back from USPS, and they are claiming that the package I'm shipping is over the international dimension limit for First Class Mail International...which is VERY odd as I've shipped stuff all over in this exact same box. Maybe it's something new, some obscure rule they just started enforcing, or something else. Either way...I've reached back out to them for clarification and hope to have that in the next day or two and post it here. If it still makes no sense, I'll use the contact form to get you access on the backend.
Thank you!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Either way...I've reached back out to them for clarification and hope to have that in the next day or two and post it here. If it still makes no sense, I'll use the contact form to get you access on the backend.
That's great that they could locate the problem, let's wait for their reply in that case !
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
Either way...I've reached back out to them for clarification and hope to have that in the next day or two and post it here. If it still makes no sense, I'll use the contact form to get you access on the backend.
That's great that they could locate the problem, let's wait for their reply in that case !
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Ok...2 emails later and here's what they had to say...which sucks as I'm 2 inches past the cutoff.
FIRST EMAIL:
SECOND EMAIL:
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Firstly, can you make sure that you have a dedicated USPS shipping method for the "First Class Mail (International)" service ?
Also, can you edit the "plugins\hikashopshipping\usps\usps.php" file and add these lines :
And test it again ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Was there anything specific you needed me to watch for?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Well, it should have done the job as to add another restriction during the creation of every "virtual" packages that have to be sent to the USPS platform.
Can you give us more information about what it changed through your website through some screenshots for example ? Thank you
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
The issue here is USPS used to allow First Class Parcel to international areas. Now, they do not because of pressure from international areas on box sizes. For instance, this specific person was trying to buy a starter set for a board game, which...per USPS calculations...now exceeds the mandated 36 inch volume by 2 inches at 38.
Based on what the code looked like (I'm no programmer so I could be completely wrong here) but it looks like you guys are factoring that into the equation now even though USPS is doing that in the shipping API for the USPS Shipping option.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Based on what the code looked like (I'm no programmer so I could be completely wrong here) but it looks like you guys are factoring that into the equation now even though USPS is doing that in the shipping API for the USPS Shipping option.
The only lines that are restricting the "First class international parcel" through the "plugins\hikashopshipping\usps\usps.php" file are :
You can eventually test it without these line.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You should probably clear your browser and Joomla cache before testing it again
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
You should probably clear your browser and Joomla cache before testing it again
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
I did...I'm not seeing any difference here
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
In that case can you send us a temporary back-end and FTP access to your website so that we can check the information that are st to the usps platform ? Thank you.
Kind regads,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Sending login info & FTP info via the Contact Us Form for the test site.
FYI...I also just had another issue with Canada shipping. The staging site has that most recent one which is order G3Y6Q71. I had to go in and manually change the shipping to First Class International and give back the customer the difference on the shipping. Can you please also look into that? The items were WELL under the 36 inch volume shipping as the box to ship in was 8x6x6 in inches...but when I was looking at his cart for him BEFORE he purchased everything, it was showing as 201 CU Inches.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
The orders information seem to be correctly sent to the USPS platform, but not that setting the "Use product dimension" to no will result in packages dimensions not sent to the USPS platform, so they'll only be able to apply weight restrictions.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
The orders information seem to be correctly sent to the USPS platform, but not that setting the "Use product dimension" to no will result in packages dimensions not sent to the USPS platform, so they'll only be able to apply weight restrictions.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Interesting...I again did not get the notification that you messaged me. Not sure what's going on, it is set to be notified on responses. I'll try to remember to check at least once a day.
So Mohamed, you're saying to set the product dimensions to "NO" will work...because that is what it is set to and it's not working properly.
If i set it to yet...I seem to get the same results, so nothing is changing.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
No, what I'm saying is that :
The orders information seem to be correctly sent to the USPS platform, but note that setting the "Use product dimension" to no will result in packages dimensions not sent to the USPS platform, so they'll only be able to apply weight restrictions.
So if you want USPS restrictions to be properly applied, you should set that option to YES.
If i set it to yet...I seem to get the same results, so nothing is changing.
If even clearing your cache and changing that option value doesn't change the final result, then that mean the USPS platform isn't properly applying their restrictions and returning rates. We actually don't have any control of values returned from the USPS platform as we can only send them as much information as we can about your customers orders.
So contacting USPS about your issue can be a good solution, we can eventually help you check the code sent to the USPS platform if needed.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.