Incorrect Shipping Options for New Zealand Customer
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
No, what I'm saying is that :The orders information seem to be correctly sent to the USPS platform, but note that setting the "Use product dimension" to no will result in packages dimensions not sent to the USPS platform, so they'll only be able to apply weight restrictions.
So if you want USPS restrictions to be properly applied, you should set that option to YES.
If i set it to yet...I seem to get the same results, so nothing is changing.
If even clearing your cache and changing that option value doesn't change the final result, then that mean the USPS platform isn't properly applying their restrictions and returning rates. We actually don't have any control of values returned from the USPS platform as we can only send them as much information as we can about your customers orders.
So contacting USPS about your issue can be a good solution, we can eventually help you check the code sent to the USPS platform if needed.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji
Ah ok I understand now...
I just find it odd that something like this is happening if that setting is set to no...in theory, it should be returning First Class Mail International shipping but it is not. If I set it to YES for using the product dimensions, then yes...it should NOT be returning First Class Mail International.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I just find it odd that something like this is happening if that setting is set to no...in theory, it should be returning First Class Mail International shipping but it is not. If I set it to YES for using the product dimensions, then yes...it should NOT be returning First Class Mail International.
Here is the code sent with the "Use product dimension" enabled :
and the code sent with the "Use product dimension" disabled :
And USPS response still contain a First class international rate.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
When I tested i the First Class International shipping service was returned through the USPS response and it actually showed up through the checkout workflow.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
When I tested i the First Class International shipping service was returned through the USPS response and it actually showed up through the checkout workflow.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Interesting...I just had a sale from Canada, that was 4 items if I recall, which weighed a total of 15oz...and was only given priority mail shipping as an option. Each items measured 5in x 3in x 1.25 in. So it was well under the 4lb limit for first class mail.
What items did you test with?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
As you can see through the code sent to the USPS platform that I gave you, I actually tested it with a product which was 4.5 x 7.5 x 1.75 in and 7 oz.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I'm still having issues no matter what I do to change settings. I've even talked with USPS and they claim there is no issue on their end, but on my shop side, which you guys say there is nothing wrong.
Customer after customer are getting upset that there is no option for First Class Mail International (not just the original New Zealand person). Just tonight I had a customer with a package for 15oz that EASILY is under the 4lb weight restriction only get offered Priority Mail International.
Please...I need some help. I'm sending a link to all the necessary information to log into the back end on the test site. Can you please look further into this?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
We added a modification through the code of your USPS shipping plugin, so that it will send your customers order information regardless of the total weight, if the shipping service selected is First class mail international.
Can you test it on your end so that we can know if we can add that improvement in the last USPS shipping version ? Thank you !
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Plus...for U.S. destination packages...shipping is now broken and not coming up at all stating an error of "no shipping method selected"
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
It was my bad, I actually unpublished back other services, that's why First class was the only one showing.
Can you test it again after clearing your browser's session/cache ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
It was my bad, I actually unpublished back other services, that's why First class was the only one showing.
Can you test it again after clearing your browser's session/cache ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Mohamed...as far as I can tell, it's working. What did you do to change it?
I went so far as to put items in my cart that would be 4lb exact, anywhere from 1 single item, to multiple items that totaled 4lb...and it still showed First Class...as soon as I added another quarter ounce (0.25oz) item to the order to make it just more than 4lb, it was Priority Mail only which is exactly how it should work. I'm very curious!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Mohamed...as far as I can tell, it's working. What did you do to change it?
We're now only sending information to the USPS platform for First Class mail international services regardless of the order total weight, packaging types, so we're letting them decide if the order should have access to that shipping service or not.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
Mohamed...as far as I can tell, it's working. What did you do to change it?
We're now only sending information to the USPS platform for First Class mail international services regardless of the order total weight, packaging types, so we're letting them decide if the order should have access to that shipping service or not.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Is that only for International packages...or all USPS packages. If it's for all...I'd like to play around some more if you dont mind and see if I can come across any issues for other areas like domestic or country specific ones before this gets implemented in a full release.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Could you please let me know when it goes into the main release so I can update my live site?
Thank you for all the work Mohamed! I'm glad it's finally resolved!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You can download the last Hikashop version through our website and install it on your website if you want the last version of the USPS package.
Thank you for your feedback !
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
You can download the last Hikashop version through our website and install it on your website if you want the last version of the USPS package.
Thank you for your feedback !
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Unfortunately that did not work, and I have also cleared all cache on the site and my browsers.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
My bad, we just mad a new package, can you download it again through our website, install it and test it again ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
My bad, we just mad a new package, can you download it again through our website, install it and test it again ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Installed just now...works great! Thank you again for all the help Mohamed! I sincerely appreciate it as will my customers!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
tritilw wrote: I'm still having issues no matter what I do to change settings. I've even talked with USPS and they claim there is no issue on their end, but on my shop side, which you guys say there is nothing wrong.
Well...I'd wait for Mohamed to respond if I were you, but...make sure you're up to date on the install, as this fixed my issue completely. Pricing is DEAD ON for the shipping.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We would be happy to help you tritilw if you could provide more information on your issue. Please open a new thread for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.