- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Incorrect shipping costs
- TheFrotzer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 77.0.3865.120
Hello,
I have a strange problem. I hikashop I have shipping methodes from €0,87 | €1,74 | €2,61 | €3,48 |€4,35 and €6,95
But when people order products the shipping costs change
e.a. €3,16 instead of €3,48 or €4,21 instead of €4,35.
How is it possible that I get different shipping costs than the ones I have set in shipping methodes?
Thanks for the support!
Best regards,
Frits Strijbos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I suppose it comes from how you setup the shipping methods.
Without some screenshots of the settings, it would be hard to say exactly.
For example, it could be that you've activated the "shipping price per product" setting in your shipping methods and that you've configured some shipping price fees in your products for the shipping methods, and in that case, they are added to the shipping cost you setup in the shipping method.
Or it could be that you've activated the "floating tax prices" setting in the HikaShop configuration. In that case, the taxes are removed from the price you setup in the shipping method instead of being added, and if you display the shipping prices without VAT, then you would get the fee you entered minus the tax for each shipping method.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TheFrotzer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
I have made some screenshots of the shipping methodes and the tax settings.
As you can see on the screenshots the "shipping price per product" is not activated and in the tax settings the "floating tax prices" is also not activated.
On this URL: www.suuskesusashop.nl/product-categoriee...tsen/product/listing
you can test the problem by putting 1 item in the cart. The shipping costs should then be €3,48 but instead it is €3,16.
Hope you can help me with this strange problem.
Thanks for the support!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Well, you didn't provide the complete picture of the situation.
On your screenshots, I only see a price of 0.87€ and a price of 1.74€.
So I don't know where you get either 3.16€ or 3.48€.
So I can only conclude that I'm missing some crutial information of your setup to be able to understand the situation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TheFrotzer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Your issue is probably coming from the fact that you have set the "Automatic taxes" option to "proportion" which will result in a shipping price changing according to your cart total price and taxes.
As it's said on our documentation :
Automatic taxes : If activated, the taxes that will apply on the shipping fee calculated for this shipping method will be based on the taxes applying on the products of the cart (or warehouse if you have warehouses configured). If you have one product costing 20€ with a tax of 10% and another one costing 80€ with a tax of 20%, the taxes of the shipping fee will be 0.2 * 10% + 0.8 * 20% = 2% + 16% = 18%
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TheFrotzer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
I've changed the "Automatic taxes" to "No" on all shipping methods (see attached image). But this doesn't change anything to the problem.
We don't use different taxes for different products. Only different taxes for different countries.
Is there anything else that could cause this problem?
Thanks for the support!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
In that case, can you send us a temporary access to your back-end through our contact form and by specifying a link to that thread in your message, so that we can directly test it ? Thank you.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Your issue was coming from the fact that you have set a "product tax category" for your shipping method, which resulted in an higher shipping price.
The solution will just be to unset it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TheFrotzer
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the support. I'm very glad you could solve the problem.
Best regards,
Frits Strijbos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.