- Posts: 54
- Thank you received: 0
Spend more to get free shipping
- eileensemporium
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 5 months ago #318180
by eileensemporium
Spend more to get free shipping was created by eileensemporium
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
Hello,
I have my site setup and when a customer adds products to the cart and goes through the checkout process I offer various shipping options.
However I would like to provide them with information to allow them to get free shipping by purchasing more products!
As an example, e a customer purchases £8.00 worth of goods, shipping will cost £5. However if they increase their purchase above £10 then shipping would be free.
On the shipping page of the checkout process below where they select from the radio buttons for the shipping options, how can I dynamically display something along the lines of:
Spend £2 more to get free shipping.
Can I get the current variable for the total cart value? How can I access this via PHP, I have tried to echo and var_dump the cart but get lost trying to locate the cart total. If I knew how to access this total cart variable I can then create something along the lines of:
$get_free_shipping = (10 - $cart_total);
echo 'Why not spend '.$get_free_shipping.' more and get free shipping';
How can I get the cart total?
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
Hello,
I have my site setup and when a customer adds products to the cart and goes through the checkout process I offer various shipping options.
However I would like to provide them with information to allow them to get free shipping by purchasing more products!
As an example, e a customer purchases £8.00 worth of goods, shipping will cost £5. However if they increase their purchase above £10 then shipping would be free.
On the shipping page of the checkout process below where they select from the radio buttons for the shipping options, how can I dynamically display something along the lines of:
Spend £2 more to get free shipping.
Can I get the current variable for the total cart value? How can I access this via PHP, I have tried to echo and var_dump the cart but get lost trying to locate the cart total. If I knew how to access this total cart variable I can then create something along the lines of:
$get_free_shipping = (10 - $cart_total);
echo 'Why not spend '.$get_free_shipping.' more and get free shipping';
How can I get the cart total?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #318189
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Spend more to get free shipping
Hi,
In the checkout / show_block_*.php files, you can get the cart total like that:
In the checkout / show_block_*.php files, you can get the cart total like that:
Code:
$cart = $this->checkoutHelper->getCart();
$cart_total = $cart->full_total->prices[0]->price_value_with_tax;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds