- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 2
Filter shipping methods when an option is added to a product
6 years 4 months ago #318276
by frik
Filter shipping methods when an option is added to a product was created by frik
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 81.0.4044.122
Hello everyone,
I'd like to filter the available shipping methods if an option is added to a product. I've created two products and named them as set-up option with a price. There are two different products because setting up a larger lawn mower is more expensive than setting up the small home applicanes. After that, I have assigned one of them to each product at the specifications panel and added as an option. Now I have a dropdown, and users can select if they need set-up service or not.
So when the buyer adds a product to the cart with a set-up option selected, there should be only one shipping method saying "pick it up at our store", the other delivery options shouldn't be available at that time. (The shop doesn't set up devices except in the store, this is why it's neccessary to work).
Could you help me please how can I do that filtering? Is there a solution for this?
Thank you for your help in advance!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 81.0.4044.122
Hello everyone,
I'd like to filter the available shipping methods if an option is added to a product. I've created two products and named them as set-up option with a price. There are two different products because setting up a larger lawn mower is more expensive than setting up the small home applicanes. After that, I have assigned one of them to each product at the specifications panel and added as an option. Now I have a dropdown, and users can select if they need set-up service or not.
So when the buyer adds a product to the cart with a set-up option selected, there should be only one shipping method saying "pick it up at our store", the other delivery options shouldn't be available at that time. (The shop doesn't set up devices except in the store, this is why it's neccessary to work).
Could you help me please how can I do that filtering? Is there a solution for this?
Thank you for your help in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 4 months ago #318279
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Filter shipping methods when an option is added to a product
Hi,
Yes. You could for example set a really high weight in these option products.
Then, in your shipping methods, you could use the min/max weight settings to display or not the shipping method based on whether these options are in the cart or not.
Yes. You could for example set a really high weight in these option products.
Then, in your shipping methods, you could use the min/max weight settings to display or not the shipping method based on whether these options are in the cart or not.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds