- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
Canada Post Method
6 years 3 months ago #320161
by styve.mtl
Canada Post Method was created by styve.mtl
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0 [2005261035]
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.18
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 83.0.4103.61
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404 Forbidden
Each time I configure the Canada Post Method shipping, entering our API Key or Account ID, I'm directed to a 404 page when saving? Am I missing something or is the plugin outdated?
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.18
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 83.0.4103.61
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404 Forbidden
Each time I configure the Canada Post Method shipping, entering our API Key or Account ID, I'm directed to a 404 page when saving? Am I missing something or is the plugin outdated?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 3 months ago #320175
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Canada Post Method
Hello,
I would recommend to activate first the "error reporting" and "debug mode" settings of the Joomla configuration.
That will then display an error message on that blank page which will help us and you better understand what's going on and provide a solution.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
I would recommend to activate first the "error reporting" and "debug mode" settings of the Joomla configuration.
That will then display an error message on that blank page which will help us and you better understand what's going on and provide a solution.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #320210
by styve.mtl
Replied by styve.mtl on topic Canada Post Method
Thanks,
After checking the debug, it seems to be an issue with an unauthorized request being blocked from my cPanel. The error page is actually 403 Forbidden.
I get the same result by only filling the Merchant ID field.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Aaq6BCBH_g0ttRFEbIJ1yKOU9doxrFz/view?usp=sharing
This is the Debug prior to saving the method configuration. No change to the report if I go back in the browser:
Removed for security purpose
After checking the debug, it seems to be an issue with an unauthorized request being blocked from my cPanel. The error page is actually 403 Forbidden.
I get the same result by only filling the Merchant ID field.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Aaq6BCBH_g0ttRFEbIJ1yKOU9doxrFz/view?usp=sharing
This is the Debug prior to saving the method configuration. No change to the report if I go back in the browser:
Removed for security purpose
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Mohamed Thelji. Reason: Removed for security purpose
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 3 months ago #320224
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Canada Post Method
Hello,
I just tested it on my end and it worked fine, are you only having that issue when saving the configuration of the canada post shipping plugin ?
Did you apply some modifications on the code of the plugin ?
If that's not the case, can you send us a temporary access to your back-end so that we can directly test and debug it on your website ? You can send it through our contact form by specifying a link to that thread in your message :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Thank you !
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
I just tested it on my end and it worked fine, are you only having that issue when saving the configuration of the canada post shipping plugin ?
Did you apply some modifications on the code of the plugin ?
If that's not the case, can you send us a temporary access to your back-end so that we can directly test and debug it on your website ? You can send it through our contact form by specifying a link to that thread in your message :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Thank you !
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #320274
by styve.mtl
Replied by styve.mtl on topic Canada Post Method
Details sent through contact form.
Thanks in advance,
Thanks in advance,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 3 months ago #320301
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Canada Post Method
Hello,
The 403 error page usually indicates that your server has some security system which blocks the request.
It's probably because the configuration has too many settings for the maximum number of parameters allowed.
The best would be to check with your hosting about that issue saying that accessing the following url when sending data result in a 403 error page :
/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=plugins (port 443)
Kind regards,
Mohamed
The 403 error page usually indicates that your server has some security system which blocks the request.
It's probably because the configuration has too many settings for the maximum number of parameters allowed.
The best would be to check with your hosting about that issue saying that accessing the following url when sending data result in a 403 error page :
/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=plugins (port 443)
Kind regards,
Mohamed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #320336
by styve.mtl
Replied by styve.mtl on topic Canada Post Method
Wonderful,
Thank you so much for your assistance. I suspected that the issue was external from Hikashop, so I really appreciate your input on finding a fix.
Steve
Thank you so much for your assistance. I suspected that the issue was external from Hikashop, so I really appreciate your input on finding a fix.
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #320528
by styve.mtl
Replied by styve.mtl on topic Canada Post Method
Just a follow-up on the resolution in case it can assist others. This is the reply from my hosting tech support.
I found that the plugin scripts triggered the mod_security rules and that caused the 403 error message.
I've deactivated the triggered rules as false-positive and was able to save changes.
I found that the plugin scripts triggered the mod_security rules and that caused the 403 error message.
I've deactivated the triggered rules as false-positive and was able to save changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 3 months ago #320550
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Canada Post Method
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback Steve !
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Thank you for your feedback Steve !
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds