- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 5
Manual Shipping Method - prefix not working
- marcusadamski
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 1 month ago #323092
by marcusadamski
Manual Shipping Method - prefix not working was created by marcusadamski
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.32
Hello, I have a simple shipping requirement:
Consequently, I've created three manual shipping methods, in the following order:
Problem: when ordering, no matter what text I place in the delivery "post code" field, ONLY the National UK delivery method is shown. The prefix functionality does not appear to work.
Is this a bug, or am I doing something incorrect?
Many thanks
Marcus
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.32
Hello, I have a simple shipping requirement:
- Local delivery for post codes starting with "CT14" or "CT13"
- If delivery address is NOT in the above local postcodes, use a UK Nationwide Delivery service
Consequently, I've created three manual shipping methods, in the following order:
- Local delivery with a restriction of prefix ="CT14"
- Local delivery with a restriction of prefix ="CT13"
- National UK delivery with no restrictions
Problem: when ordering, no matter what text I place in the delivery "post code" field, ONLY the National UK delivery method is shown. The prefix functionality does not appear to work.
Is this a bug, or am I doing something incorrect?
Many thanks
Marcus
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- marcusadamski
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 5
6 years 1 month ago #323126
by marcusadamski
Replied by marcusadamski on topic Manual Shipping Method - prefix not working
Update - I've also tried:
prefix="ct"
Minimum post code="13"
Maximum post code="14"
but despite including postcodes starting with "ct13" or "ct14" in the post code field whilst registering, the Local delivery options never appear.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Marcus
prefix="ct"
Minimum post code="13"
Maximum post code="14"
but despite including postcodes starting with "ct13" or "ct14" in the post code field whilst registering, the Local delivery options never appear.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Marcus
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 1 month ago #323133
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Manual Shipping Method - prefix not working
Hello Marcus,
If your shipping method isn't displayed, the best solution will be to check each points of the "Shipping methods" section of our FAQ first :
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html
And if you're still having that issue, show us through some screenshots how you configured your shipping method and the products dimensions / weight that were in your during your test ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
If your shipping method isn't displayed, the best solution will be to check each points of the "Shipping methods" section of our FAQ first :
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html
And if you're still having that issue, show us through some screenshots how you configured your shipping method and the products dimensions / weight that were in your during your test ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- marcusadamski
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 5
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #323273
by marcusadamski
Replied by marcusadamski on topic Manual Shipping Method - prefix not working
Hello, please find attached images,
I'm just not sure how UK post codes work with this shipping configuration. Take the format: CT153EF
Is this prefix: CT
Minimum post code="15"
Or
Minimum post code="151"
(I've tried both)
Will it work with UK post codes, as the format has letters at the end? I cannot find any documentation how this works with UK post codes. Do yo have any examples?
I have given my products weight and given the shipping methods a min and max weight limit - as the general documentation suggested.
Hoping you have some suggestions, thanks
Marcus
I'm just not sure how UK post codes work with this shipping configuration. Take the format: CT153EF
Is this prefix: CT
Minimum post code="15"
Or
Minimum post code="151"
(I've tried both)
Will it work with UK post codes, as the format has letters at the end? I cannot find any documentation how this works with UK post codes. Do yo have any examples?
I have given my products weight and given the shipping methods a min and max weight limit - as the general documentation suggested.
Hoping you have some suggestions, thanks
Marcus
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by marcusadamski.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 1 month ago #323297
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Manual Shipping Method - prefix not working
Hello,
With a minimum post code of 15 or 151 it shouldt work as CT153EF 153 > 151 >15.
Can you show us how you configured your shipping address during checkout and the product dimensions and weight that were on your cart ? So that we can reproduce it on our end thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
With a minimum post code of 15 or 151 it shouldt work as CT153EF 153 > 151 >15.
Can you show us how you configured your shipping address during checkout and the product dimensions and weight that were on your cart ? So that we can reproduce it on our end thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds