- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 5
Manual Shipping Method - postcode case bug
- marcusadamski
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 3 hours ago #324263
by marcusadamski
Manual Shipping Method - postcode case bug was created by marcusadamski
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
Hello there,
Using HikaShop Essentials for my first site, I've come across a bug with the manual shipping plugin. For example, I'd like to have the rule:
if the UK Shipping postcode starts with "CT14", then charge £5 for local delivery
With the prefix of "CT" and the range from "141" to "149" this works ... until the customer uses lowercase e.g. "ct143ef" - at which point the manual shipping plugin fails to execute the rule. Presumably the plugin carries out a case sensitive check on the prefix.
One solutions would be to duplicate all the postcode shipping rules for lowercase as well ... but then what would happen if the customer then typed "Ct14" - which is more than possible, as they accidentally release the SHIFT key whilst typing the postcode. Also I have a number of these rules, so it will be a lot of work.
Could this bug please be fixed? My site requires local delivery set up and this issue is causing delivery problems.
Possibly provide a way to force upper case in the postcode custom field or provide an option for case insensitive checks on the prefix within the manual shipping plugin.
Many thanks
Marcus
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
Hello there,
Using HikaShop Essentials for my first site, I've come across a bug with the manual shipping plugin. For example, I'd like to have the rule:
if the UK Shipping postcode starts with "CT14", then charge £5 for local delivery
With the prefix of "CT" and the range from "141" to "149" this works ... until the customer uses lowercase e.g. "ct143ef" - at which point the manual shipping plugin fails to execute the rule. Presumably the plugin carries out a case sensitive check on the prefix.
One solutions would be to duplicate all the postcode shipping rules for lowercase as well ... but then what would happen if the customer then typed "Ct14" - which is more than possible, as they accidentally release the SHIFT key whilst typing the postcode. Also I have a number of these rules, so it will be a lot of work.
Could this bug please be fixed? My site requires local delivery set up and this issue is causing delivery problems.
Possibly provide a way to force upper case in the postcode custom field or provide an option for case insensitive checks on the prefix within the manual shipping plugin.
Many thanks
Marcus
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 11 months ago #324265
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Manual Shipping Method - postcode case bug
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. That will indeed be a nice improvement to have these prefix and suffix options be case insensitive.
I've added a patch for that on our end.
Download the install package of the latest version of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and that will add the patch.
Thank you for your feedback. That will indeed be a nice improvement to have these prefix and suffix options be case insensitive.
I've added a patch for that on our end.
Download the install package of the latest version of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and that will add the patch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marcusadamski
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- marcusadamski
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 48
- Thank you received: 5
5 years 11 months ago #324280
by marcusadamski
Replied by marcusadamski on topic Manual Shipping Method - postcode case bug
Hello Nicolas
Thanks very much for the speedy fix. I reinstalled with the newest version today and tested the prefix with lower, mixed and uppercase - and the manual shipping method worked how I needed. This will stop delivery issues for my customer,
Really appreciate the quick turnaround. Regards,
Marcus
Thanks very much for the speedy fix. I reinstalled with the newest version today and tested the prefix with lower, mixed and uppercase - and the manual shipping method worked how I needed. This will stop delivery issues for my customer,
Really appreciate the quick turnaround. Regards,
Marcus
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds