Shipping Costs Difference in USPS
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
Hello,
Just yesterday, I've noticed that the shipping rates seem to be higher when shipping, than what they used to be the day before when using PayPal. For instance, I have been shipping a ton of Small Flat Rate boxes, which through PayPal were $7.65 to ship...until Sunday October 18th, to which it now costs $8.05.
I found this very odd, and reached out to PayPal, who told me that is the current discounted rate. So I checked on USPS, and the retail price has not moved from $8.30. So I started looking around, Pirate Ship, Shippo, etc...they are all the same. Small Flat Rate now costs $8.05.
Well, this morning, I decided to check the first package shipped out. This package weighs 15oz, so I did my PayPal shipping, and it came up to $7.96, the customer was charged $8.00...ok, $0.04 cheaper, but this isn't always the case. I do remember yesterday there was a single package, weight was correct, and the customer underpaid shipping by roughly $2.00. I checked everything possible, and everything was correct...but the customer paid less than what they should have been quoted.
Per USPS the rates have not changed at all...so any thoughts here? Is it possible USPS is not sending back correct data? Perhaps they lessened their discount to 3rd party places like PayPal, Shippo, Pirate Ship, etc so as to gain more money? Just kinda confused and don't want to keep losing money if more of the last situation comes up where the customer underpaid because of what they were quoted.
Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Per USPS the rates have not changed at all...so any thoughts here? Is it possible USPS is not sending back correct data? Perhaps they lessened their discount to 3rd party places like PayPal, Shippo, Pirate Ship, etc so as to gain more money? Just kinda confused and don't want to keep losing money if more of the last situation comes up where the customer underpaid because of what they were quoted.
I understand, you should probably contact USPS about it as they are actually the one returning these shipping rates to your website.
Feel free to contact us if you have any more question about it, or when you'll have the reply from USPS.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I understand, did they asked you to show them the code that was sent to their platform ? I can eventually help you get it so that you can show them what's sent and received from their platform.
We can also adapt the plugin based on their return, but we can't do more as the plugin actually what's written in their documentation.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I spoke with Pirate Ship, and Shippo, and both said recently the US Postal Service discounts have changed...so that would explain it. PayPal however...won't confirm this information, but it's becoming very clear what Pirate Ship and Shippo are saying is correct.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
In that case, the best solution would be to directly adapt USPS shipping prices using the "Price" or "Percentage" options. so that you'll be sure to not loose money.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
about.usps.com/newsroom/national-release...y-price-increase.htm
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.