- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 2
Shipping method different for B2B and B2C.
5 years 5 months ago #332070
by Marcin71
Shipping method different for B2B and B2C. was created by Marcin71
Hi
How to create shipping methods different to Business and Private customer?
Access level work only if we assign customer to the group manually before he will make any purchase....
How to create shipping methods different to Business and Private customer?
Access level work only if we assign customer to the group manually before he will make any purchase....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 5 months ago #332078
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping method different for B2B and B2C.
Hi,
There is no other way I'm afraid. Doing that filtering based on the "address_company" field of the shipping address would require adding an extra option in the shipping methods system.
So far, you're the first one talking about such need. Could you explain your situation ?
There is no other way I'm afraid. Doing that filtering based on the "address_company" field of the shipping address would require adding an extra option in the shipping methods system.
So far, you're the first one talking about such need. Could you explain your situation ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 5 months ago #332122
by Marcin71
Replied by Marcin71 on topic Shipping method different for B2B and B2C.
Hi Nicolas
All is about Brexit and related problems.
To help our customers and avoid involving them in customs procedures we can send goods using DDP procedure, which means we collect Import/Export Tax from customer and passing this to the shipper. This means customer will receive goods as before Brexit with no extra costs as we take all on us.
But in case of commercial customer we can't ship DDP for tax related reasons. That's why I wanted to have ability to notify customers at the checkout about that.
Finally I have added message to each shipping method, where I am explaining both DDP and DAP methods. It is more direct but it should work if there is nothing else possible.
BTW. I sent you email with some custom work i would need. if you have minute, please let em know if this can be done.
All is about Brexit and related problems.
To help our customers and avoid involving them in customs procedures we can send goods using DDP procedure, which means we collect Import/Export Tax from customer and passing this to the shipper. This means customer will receive goods as before Brexit with no extra costs as we take all on us.
But in case of commercial customer we can't ship DDP for tax related reasons. That's why I wanted to have ability to notify customers at the checkout about that.
Finally I have added message to each shipping method, where I am explaining both DDP and DAP methods. It is more direct but it should work if there is nothing else possible.
BTW. I sent you email with some custom work i would need. if you have minute, please let em know if this can be done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds