- Posts: 86239
- Thank you received: 14228
Shipping/Payment methods for 2 warehouses
4 years 8 months ago #338262
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping/Payment methods for 2 warehouses
Hi,
If you have two variants for a product, one per warehouse, each one with its own stock, isn't that a solution to your problem ? Because that's what I'm talking about.
If that's not a solution, then I don't see what is the problem with what I propose and thus I must be missing something.
If you have two variants for a product, one per warehouse, each one with its own stock, isn't that a solution to your problem ? Because that's what I'm talking about.
If that's not a solution, then I don't see what is the problem with what I propose and thus I must be missing something.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 8 months ago #338276
by Igor_UA
Replied by Igor_UA on topic Shipping/Payment methods for 2 warehouses
Hi!
The problem is that only the main product has a field "Warehouse", variants have not this field.
The problem is that only the main product has a field "Warehouse", variants have not this field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 8 months ago #338284
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Shipping/Payment methods for 2 warehouses
Hi,
Why do you want to select a warehouse in the variants or in the main product ?
In my previous posts, I provided a solution without using that setting at all.
Why do you want to select a warehouse in the variants or in the main product ?
In my previous posts, I provided a solution without using that setting at all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #338371
by Igor_UA
Replied by Igor_UA on topic Shipping/Payment methods for 2 warehouses
Hi,
As I said, I have no problem with delivery methods.
I have a problem with accounting for goods in warehouses.
I will try to simplify the task:
We have 2 warehouses;
also we have 2 units of one product with variants (black product - 1 unit, white product - 1 unit).
Question: in which warehouse is the goods?
As I said, I have no problem with delivery methods.
I have a problem with accounting for goods in warehouses.
I will try to simplify the task:
We have 2 warehouses;
also we have 2 units of one product with variants (black product - 1 unit, white product - 1 unit).
Question: in which warehouse is the goods?
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Igor_UA.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
4 years 8 months ago #338386
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping/Payment methods for 2 warehouses
Hello,
Note that the quantity of products and also variants are not managed by warehouses, but by their "quantity" options.
In your case, setting the quantity option to 1 through your black & white product variants configuration page will do the job.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
We have 2 warehouses;
also we have 2 units of one product with variants (black product - 1 unit, white product - 1 unit).
Question: in which warehouse is the goods?
Note that the quantity of products and also variants are not managed by warehouses, but by their "quantity" options.
In your case, setting the quantity option to 1 through your black & white product variants configuration page will do the job.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 8 months ago #338425
by Igor_UA
Replied by Igor_UA on topic Shipping/Payment methods for 2 warehouses
Hi!
I will try to explain the problem again with simple examples.
Forget about delivery methods. I am talking about the possibility of accounting for goods and their variants in several warehouses and the possibility of choosing a warehouse for shipment of goods during order processing.
Situation 1:
I have a product (code 001) with variants 001-1 and 001-2.
Variant 001-1 is available in my warehouse, variant 001-2 is in the supplier's warehouse. When ordering goods 001-2 sale is carried out from the warehouse of the supplier directly to the buyer.
Situation 2:
I have the goods (code 001) in the warehouse-1. Also the goods (code 001) are in the warehouse of the supplier (warehouse-2).
When ordering goods (code 001), I send it from the supplier's warehouse (warehouse-2). At the same time, in my warehouse (warehouse-1) the quantity of goods (code 001) has not changed.
Why do I need it?
The product (code 001 or 001-2) is periodically absent from the supplier's warehouse. Therefore, I usually sell from the warehouse-2 of the supplier, and in periods of absence of goods (code 001 or 001-2) in the warehouse-2 and on weekends I sell goods (code 001 or 001-2) from my warehouse-1. Then I replenish stocks of goods (code 001 or 001-2) in warehouse-1.
I will try to explain the problem again with simple examples.
Forget about delivery methods. I am talking about the possibility of accounting for goods and their variants in several warehouses and the possibility of choosing a warehouse for shipment of goods during order processing.
Situation 1:
I have a product (code 001) with variants 001-1 and 001-2.
Variant 001-1 is available in my warehouse, variant 001-2 is in the supplier's warehouse. When ordering goods 001-2 sale is carried out from the warehouse of the supplier directly to the buyer.
Situation 2:
I have the goods (code 001) in the warehouse-1. Also the goods (code 001) are in the warehouse of the supplier (warehouse-2).
When ordering goods (code 001), I send it from the supplier's warehouse (warehouse-2). At the same time, in my warehouse (warehouse-1) the quantity of goods (code 001) has not changed.
Why do I need it?
The product (code 001 or 001-2) is periodically absent from the supplier's warehouse. Therefore, I usually sell from the warehouse-2 of the supplier, and in periods of absence of goods (code 001 or 001-2) in the warehouse-2 and on weekends I sell goods (code 001 or 001-2) from my warehouse-1. Then I replenish stocks of goods (code 001 or 001-2) in warehouse-1.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
4 years 8 months ago #338464
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Shipping/Payment methods for 2 warehouses
Hello,
What do you mean by :
I think that kind of feature will require custom developments as there is actually no option to do it.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
What do you mean by :
sale is carried out from the warehouse of the supplier directly to the buyer.
I think that kind of feature will require custom developments as there is actually no option to do it.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds