- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 2
Possible to hide shipping method by date?
- Dijkshoorn
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
4 years 10 months ago #337288
by Dijkshoorn
Possible to hide shipping method by date? was created by Dijkshoorn
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
I'd like to hide the option for the shipping method "delivery" in the week before Christmas, but I can't seem to find a way to do this in the settings of that specific shipping option. I thought there might be a restriction on date like there is on post code for example. Is this possible at all? In the advanced date picker I can disable dates, but then customers can't select the "pick-up" option either.
I'd like to hide the option for the shipping method "delivery" in the week before Christmas, but I can't seem to find a way to do this in the settings of that specific shipping option. I thought there might be a restriction on date like there is on post code for example. Is this possible at all? In the advanced date picker I can disable dates, but then customers can't select the "pick-up" option either.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 10 months ago #337290
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Possible to hide shipping method by date?
Hi,
There is indeed no option to restrict the availability of shipping methods based on dates.
The simplest is just to manually disable the shipping methods at the beginning of the period and re-enable it after.
There is indeed no option to restrict the availability of shipping methods based on dates.
The simplest is just to manually disable the shipping methods at the beginning of the period and re-enable it after.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dijkshoorn
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 2
4 years 10 months ago #337302
by Dijkshoorn
Replied by Dijkshoorn on topic Possible to hide shipping method by date?
Thank you for the usual quick reply!
That's not really an option since people can already place their orders for Christmas. I'll create a note in the checkout process that says we don't deliver that week. Not ideal since people generally miss a lot of those written notes.
That's not really an option since people can already place their orders for Christmas. I'll create a note in the checkout process that says we don't deliver that week. Not ideal since people generally miss a lot of those written notes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 10 months ago #337305
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Possible to hide shipping method by date?
Hi,
So you mean that you want to restrict the shipping methods based on the date selected by the user in a custom field.
That's not possible with the options available either, and indeed, it makes my proposal impractical.
The only solution I can see would be with the development of a custom plugin.
So you mean that you want to restrict the shipping methods based on the date selected by the user in a custom field.
That's not possible with the options available either, and indeed, it makes my proposal impractical.
The only solution I can see would be with the development of a custom plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dijkshoorn
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 2
4 years 10 months ago #337326
by Dijkshoorn
Replied by Dijkshoorn on topic Possible to hide shipping method by date?
Right. Just a restriction based on the chosen date just like a restriction on post code. But I guess that's a little trickier since the date picker plugin is not really integrated in Hikashop like, for instance, the post code restriction.
I'll manage for now.
I'll manage for now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds