- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 1
PayPal has added £2 postage to my online course
- david.austin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
4 years 8 months ago #338774
by david.austin
PayPal has added £2 postage to my online course was created by david.austin
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 96.0.1 (64bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message.
Hello,
PayPal has started adding £2 postage to my online course (a virtual product) although it's not showing up in the Hikashop cart . The 'new order' and 'payment notification' emails from (HS/you) don't show the postage charge, it only appears on the 'notification of payment received' email from PayPal.
I just rebuilt my site as Joomla 4 using the latest version of Hikashop. I went through all the pages and chose all the same settings as the previous build (my Joomla 3 site) but PayPal never added a postage charge before. Has something changed, or am I missing something? Previously I had no shipping methods set and I don't in the new set up either.
Attachment 1: PayPal receipt before latest build.
Attachment 2: PayPal now charging £2 postage and packing.
I hope you can help solve this mystery.
Thanks, David
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 96.0.1 (64bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message.
Hello,
PayPal has started adding £2 postage to my online course (a virtual product) although it's not showing up in the Hikashop cart . The 'new order' and 'payment notification' emails from (HS/you) don't show the postage charge, it only appears on the 'notification of payment received' email from PayPal.
I just rebuilt my site as Joomla 4 using the latest version of Hikashop. I went through all the pages and chose all the same settings as the previous build (my Joomla 3 site) but PayPal never added a postage charge before. Has something changed, or am I missing something? Previously I had no shipping methods set and I don't in the new set up either.
Attachment 1: PayPal receipt before latest build.
Attachment 2: PayPal now charging £2 postage and packing.
I hope you can help solve this mystery.
Thanks, David
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 8 months ago #338782
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic PayPal has added £2 postage to my online course
Hi,
PayPal has options in order to add that fee from their end.
So it's probable that you have configured shipping fees in your PayPal merchant account:
developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/paypal...ulateshippingcharges
PayPal has options in order to add that fee from their end.
So it's probable that you have configured shipping fees in your PayPal merchant account:
developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/paypal...ulateshippingcharges
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- david.austin
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 1
4 years 8 months ago #338784
by david.austin
Replied by david.austin on topic PayPal has added £2 postage to my online course
Thank you! Yes I found it - never seen that page before. £2.00 added to every cart.
It did however have 'Click here to allow transaction-based postage values to override the profile postage settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).' ticked, so it had never been added to my other items which already had individual postage rates defined. So mystery solved.
Thank you!
It did however have 'Click here to allow transaction-based postage values to override the profile postage settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).' ticked, so it had never been added to my other items which already had individual postage rates defined. So mystery solved.
Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds