- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 1
Issue with First Data Plugin
"There was an error during the connection with the First Data payment gateway
Curl Err [58] : unable to use client certificate (no key found or wrong pass phrase?)"
The site that this is installed on is www.ehcgdietplan.net . Can you please tell me what I might have done incorrectly here?
Thnk you so much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can see the site at www.ehcgdietplan.net , the "Buy now" menu item is a sub-menu under the main menu item "How it works".
Please help as I have a customer that is very frustrated with how long I am taking to put this together.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
/home/mywebsite/public_html/media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/WSXXXXXXXXXX._.1.pem
If you're sure that your file path is correct, then it might be because the upload of the pem file broke the file. That can happen based on the mode you're using when uploading the file via FTP. So you should try to upload it with another mode (normally, you have two modes for file transfers in your FTP client: binary or ASCII). It could also be because of the access rights on the file. Make sure that the owner of the file is correct and that the permissions on the file enable the apache user to read the file.
The location recommended for that pem file is good.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So.... is there anyway that I could have you log into the back end of the site and take a look at this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We received the information. We'll try to look at it tonight or tomorrow.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There was an error during the connection with the First Data payment gateway
Curl Err [52] : SSL read: error:1409441B:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert decrypt error, errno 0
This sounds much more ominous considering I am using Webuzo and had to configure SSL in Apache since SSL isn't integrated into their back end yet.
I assume that part of the error is that I'm not using the absolute path. I do know how to find the absolute path in Windows but not in Linux. I have server access if I can get some direction here that will be a great help. Why does this have to be so hard?
The website is behind a Firewall at the moment. I assume that this doesn't cause a problem, correct?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
With PayPal, you only enter your email address in the plugin's options and you're done...
That error is related to the pem and key files. Either the path you set is not the correct one, or the files are not the correct ones.
How to know your website's absolute path:
www.ehow.com/how_5845975_absolute-path-website.html
It's not related to your firewall.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have checked the path with your absolute.php file and it is now correct. I am using a Webuzo/Centos5 configuration and it gives me this:
/home/soft/www/cablecenter.org/media/com_hikashop/first/xxxxxxxxx._.1.pem but I still get this error.
There was an error during the connection with the First Data payment gateway
Curl Err [52] : SSL read: error:1409441B:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert decrypt error, errno 0
The Store ID is confusing to me. Is this the ten digit number? The API Password I pulled from the auth.txt file but again I'm not sure if that's what your asking for. Could this be the problem?
If I had my way I would not be using First Data at all but the company I work for wants this. This is one of the reasons I was happy to see that your store offered this plugin.
I talked to First Data and they verified the functionality of their files.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I now have a new error message:
There was an error during the connection with the First Data payment gateway
Curl Err [58] : unable to set private key file: '/home/soft/www/cablecenter.org/media/com_hikashop/first/xxxxxxxx._.1.key' type PEM
I did find the documentation which was very clear. Is this still an issue with the path or are the files corrupt? I used binary ftp but you never know.
I have contacted First Data on the research I have found below. Is it possible that the .pem amnd .key were created in the wrong format? I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been caught by now if it is the case.
I found this at stackoverflow.com/questions/7250025/php-soap-ssl-problems
"Based on the error:
SSL read: error:1409441B:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert
decrypt error, errno 0
It looks to me like the PHP library is having trouble reading your cert.pem and key.pem files. These files can come in different formats. Apache requires that these be in PKCS12 format and I would guess PHP is the same. You can use a tool called "Keystore Explorer 4.0.1" to verify and convert if necessary.
You can verify the validity of the format of the keys also, using openssl and this command:
C:\Temp> openssl pkcs12 -info -in ksb_cert.p12"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Make sure that the files are in the folder media/com_hikashop/first in your website and that their permissions allows your website to access them (if in doubts, set the access rights to 777 on the files).
I don't see why firstdata would give you pem/key files in the wrong format. It works for other users with the files they were provided.
Make sure that you didn't invert the pem and key files in the options of the plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There was an error during the connection with the First Data payment gateway
Curl Err [52] : SSL read: error:1409441B:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert decrypt error, errno 0
I'm wondering if this may have something to do with the SSL we're using. I have an email out to our IT service to make sure that we're not using OpenSSL with a self signed cert. I think that may be an issue with the way the cert is signed? I appreciate you getting back to me. The simple lack of documentation on First Data's part is astounding. No where did it tell me to 777 chmod the files.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
you say it's them and they say it's you. I told them that I didn't care whose fault it was all I wanted a working store. I asked them if they could figure out whats going on by the error message. They said that the type of error message I'm getting isn't the type that First Data would send. ???? any thoughts on what can be done next?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Two completely different servers and still errors.
The error would be identical but I had Hikashop debugging turned off. When I turned it on I got this same error:
There was an error during the connection with the First Data payment gateway
Curl Err [56] : SSL read: error:1409441B:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert decrypt error, errno 0
Can someone please check my settings or tell me that it just doesn't work? I see that the other person who had the same error, that you said you's look at his backend, is working.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.