[SOLVED] : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #37620
by rikatos
[SOLVED] : breadcrumb trail for cats in products was created by rikatos
Hi.
I have a sugggestion which has bugged me for quite a while.
I have products located in different categories, this is one the the great things about hikashop how you make the product then just link it into as many different categories as you like. Theres is one problem though.
An example is needed
If I have a category called
Leisure..liferafts...Accessories
and another category called
Commercial..liferafts...Accessories
The base products (liferafts) are different but the accessories are all the same, so good old hikashop makes this very easy for me to link the accessories to both categories, excellant ! BUT on the category list they look identical
yes I know there is a ID at the end, but tbh that doesnt really realte anything to me in the real world as I dont know the IDs 
I have a sugggestion which has bugged me for quite a while.
I have products located in different categories, this is one the the great things about hikashop how you make the product then just link it into as many different categories as you like. Theres is one problem though.
An example is needed
If I have a category called
Leisure..liferafts...Accessories
and another category called
Commercial..liferafts...Accessories
The base products (liferafts) are different but the accessories are all the same, so good old hikashop makes this very easy for me to link the accessories to both categories, excellant ! BUT on the category list they look identical
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by rikatos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: uteco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 7 months ago #37662
by many-feathers
Replied by many-feathers on topic Re: SUGGESTION : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
I definitely subscribe to this! I logged in to make this same suggestion, just to see it rikatos beat me to it!
Shouldn't really be difficult to implement I guess?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #37664
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: SUGGESTION : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
Hi,
In order to summarize and understand, you want that the name displayed in the category listing (your screenshot) contains the "full name" ?
Like: "Leisure / liferafts / Accessories" instead of "Accessories" ?
Regards,
In order to summarize and understand, you want that the name displayed in the category listing (your screenshot) contains the "full name" ?
Like: "Leisure / liferafts / Accessories" instead of "Accessories" ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Jerome.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 7 months ago #38000
by many-feathers
Replied by many-feathers on topic Re: SUGGESTION : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
Yes, that would be great to be able to identify the correct category when multiple categories with the same name are selected.
Thank!
Thank!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38070
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: SUGGESTION : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
It's in the todo list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #38090
by rikatos
Replied by rikatos on topic Re: SUGGESTION : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
Sorry took so long to reply, yes nicolas, exactly that
and thanks for putting on the to do list
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by rikatos.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48153
by rikatos
Replied by rikatos on topic Re: SUGGESTION : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
Hi there
I was just checking back on this to do. I am now in need of this quite bad as my shop has 6 main categories with subcategories that could all be the same name ! it is difficult to know which of the sub categories is one to remove or add at the moment.
I was just checking back on this to do. I am now in need of this quite bad as my shop has 6 main categories with subcategories that could all be the same name ! it is difficult to know which of the sub categories is one to remove or add at the moment.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48222
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: SUGGESTION : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
We'll look at that for next release
The following user(s) said Thank You: rikatos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 5 months ago #48237
by many-feathers
Replied by many-feathers on topic Re: SUGGESTION : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
That's good news! We're also waiting for this...
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 months ago #48243
by rikatos
Replied by rikatos on topic Re: SUGGESTION : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
Aye it is
I am so looking forward to it, kinda sad really !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52763
by rikatos
Replied by rikatos on topic Re: [SOLVED] : breadcrumb trail for cats in products
marked as solved as its implemented in the latest hikashop, and its all I ever wanted so THANKS guys
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds