Skip to main content

Redirecting from Paypal back to site not working

More
12 years 7 months ago #145376 by Eternity
-- url of the page with the problem -- : mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Starter: 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox v27
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

Hello ... I have installed and activated the plugin paypal for my payment method, and it is working, except that the user is not being directed BACK to the website after the paypal payment has been made, can anyone please tell me what do I have to do to get this working?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #145502 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
Can you give me more information about your issue like :
- The statues of your customer order after the redirection
- How did you set your paypal configuration page through some screenshots

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #145587 by Eternity
Hi Mohamed

The order got paid for at paypal, and is showing as 'confirmed' in the hikashop orders section. I have taken the screenshots of my paypal configuration.

Please advise.










Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #145677 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
Can you unset the "return URL" option and test it again ?
Thanks :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #145710 by Eternity
It still doesn't redirect back to the site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #145765 by Xavier
Hi,

Thanks to try to set an absolute url and not a relative one.
Like: mysite.com/index.php?option=com_content ....
Instead of: index.php?option=com_content....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #145962 by Eternity
Hi
I tried what you said and it still does not automatically redirect people back to the site. I have attached the screenshot of where it gets stuck.

Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #146064 by Xavier
Hi,

There is an option in your PayPal account to enable the automatic return on the website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #146098 by Eternity
Hi Xavier there is the option to add a website address, but this 1 paypal account is being used on multiple websites, all the others are using another cart where paypal express and the API redirects the user back to the site perfectly. Because the account is being used on more than 1 website I have not put the web address in, apart from that there is no where to set a redirect url

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #146147 by Xavier
Hi,

This is the only option I see. As far as I known with paypal "standard" there is no other way to do that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #146184 by Eternity
Xavier do you know if there isnt maybe a paypal express plugin available for hikashop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #146242 by Xavier
Hi,

Indeed there is a paypal express plugin available :)
Here is the plugin:

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #146320 by Eternity
Xavier, great thank you!! I downloaded the plugin, activated it and added in the API details, and now it is not going to paypal at all, when I click Finish it just refreshes the page.

I have "unpublished" the previous paypal payment in the payments section and I have looked on the documentation for how to fix the problem, but there is no paypal express option there.

Please could you tell me what I have done wrong?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #146645 by Xavier
Hi,

Do you have any error message displayed ?
Thanks to enable the debug mode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #146805 by Eternity
I did enable debug and no there is no error message

Do you think it could be because paypal only gives 1 API and that is already being used on another site?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #147080 by Xavier
Hi,

I don't really know how Paypal manage that actually.
If you can find the information, it could help us too :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #147081 by Eternity
Ok ... I will see what I can find out, thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum