- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
Stripe Failure
- stinky_yogi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #148746
by stinky_yogi
Stripe Failure was created by stinky_yogi
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.stinkyyogi.com
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 33.0.1750.154 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
First I tried this:
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...-failing.html#145529
No luck. I get the following errors when trying to submit via stripe.
You must provide at least one recipient email address.
Error charge : You must supply either a card or a customer id
Can someone help me get this working?
I also have another problem with the checkout flow. I am using SSL.
When checking out, you pick stripe, then you click "finish" then you have to enter your CC number. This is very confusing and my client wants to make it part of the checkout flow, so you enter your CC before you submit. Like some of your other processors do. How can I do this? Seems counter intuitive to do it after.
Thanks
Dan
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 33.0.1750.154 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi,
First I tried this:
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...-failing.html#145529
No luck. I get the following errors when trying to submit via stripe.
You must provide at least one recipient email address.
Error charge : You must supply either a card or a customer id
Can someone help me get this working?
I also have another problem with the checkout flow. I am using SSL.
When checking out, you pick stripe, then you click "finish" then you have to enter your CC number. This is very confusing and my client wants to make it part of the checkout flow, so you enter your CC before you submit. Like some of your other processors do. How can I do this? Seems counter intuitive to do it after.
Thanks
Dan
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by stinky_yogi.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148784
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Stripe Failure
Hi,
1. Could you provide a screenshot of the options of your stripe payment method ?
2. The way the Stripe API is done, the CC form has to be at the end. This allows Stripe to say to you that if you use their payment gateway, your website will be PCI compliant as the CC information doesn't pass through your website, which is not the case with the other payment gateways with the CC form integrated in the checkout, before the final submission. Because of that, we won't be able to provide you with a solution to that besides telling you to use another payment gateway.
1. Could you provide a screenshot of the options of your stripe payment method ?
2. The way the Stripe API is done, the CC form has to be at the end. This allows Stripe to say to you that if you use their payment gateway, your website will be PCI compliant as the CC information doesn't pass through your website, which is not the case with the other payment gateways with the CC form integrated in the checkout, before the final submission. Because of that, we won't be able to provide you with a solution to that besides telling you to use another payment gateway.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- stinky_yogi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 6 months ago #148841
by stinky_yogi
Replied by stinky_yogi on topic Stripe Failure
That most disheartening. It looks really unprofessional that way and my client will not accept this. The stipe plugin for Pay plans and the one made by CMS Techs for hika shop here:
www.cmstechs.com/en/products-wordpress-p...hop-joomla-ecommerce
are integrated in the checkout process. As long as we are using SSL, then why can't it be integrated?
Attached is the screenshot you asked for. Any advice you can offer would be great.
Thanks
Dan
are integrated in the checkout process. As long as we are using SSL, then why can't it be integrated?
Attached is the screenshot you asked for. Any advice you can offer would be great.
Thanks
Dan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 months ago #148993
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Stripe Failure
Hello Dan,
Note that the changes that Jerome have made through the stripe payment plugin were applied through the last Hikashop package, so can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?
Thank you.
Note that the changes that Jerome have made through the stripe payment plugin were applied through the last Hikashop package, so can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- stinky_yogi
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 6 months ago #149004
by stinky_yogi
Replied by stinky_yogi on topic Stripe Failure
Hi,
Great! Working well now. Thanks so much for the quick fix. I mentioned it before, but is there anyway to include the credit card from during checkout since I am using SSL? It is very confusing now because you have to click "finish" and then enter your CC number after. I know I can change the language of the finish button, but this is the only thing holding me back from having everything looking totally professional. As I mentioned the plugin from CMS techs works this way and so does the Pay Plans extension, so I am sure it is possible. I would be most grateful if you could lend any ideas or advice. I would rather give you guys the money to better Hika than pay CMS techs for their plugin, but either way I need it to work this way.
Thanks again,
Dan
Great! Working well now. Thanks so much for the quick fix. I mentioned it before, but is there anyway to include the credit card from during checkout since I am using SSL? It is very confusing now because you have to click "finish" and then enter your CC number after. I know I can change the language of the finish button, but this is the only thing holding me back from having everything looking totally professional. As I mentioned the plugin from CMS techs works this way and so does the Pay Plans extension, so I am sure it is possible. I would be most grateful if you could lend any ideas or advice. I would rather give you guys the money to better Hika than pay CMS techs for their plugin, but either way I need it to work this way.
Thanks again,
Dan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149073
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Stripe Failure
Hi,
As Nicolas said with the stripe API we have to do it this way.
If you have more documentations about this API to manage it differently thanks to share it
In all cases, it will require to edit the current stripe plugin or develop another one.
So thanks to use the contact form to ask for a potential quote (if you have correct documentation), or post a request on the commercial jobs section of our forum.
As Nicolas said with the stripe API we have to do it this way.
If you have more documentations about this API to manage it differently thanks to share it
In all cases, it will require to edit the current stripe plugin or develop another one.
So thanks to use the contact form to ask for a potential quote (if you have correct documentation), or post a request on the commercial jobs section of our forum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds