- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
Switch paypal FROM authorize and Capture
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 5 months ago #152377
by conticreative
Switch paypal FROM authorize and Capture was created by conticreative
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
pearblossomfarms.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : n/a
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
We use the basic Paypal plugin for transactions. Not Paypal Express and NOT paypal Pro.
(plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php)
My client has asked me to look into the way paypal credits payments. Apparently the way we are setup with Hikashop, Paypal right now does not credit the payment until he manually accepts it.
The way it worked on the previous version of his shop (based on OScommerce) payments were getting credited immediately.
He would like for his payments to be credited right away instead of being simply approved but not paid until he manually approves them.
He took the initiative to speak with a Paypal representative and he told him that he could accomplish that by changing a switch in the code on the website. I have researched the pertinent help files with Paypal and I have not found how to do that.
These are the documents we have found:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/auth-capture/
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/expres...ide/ECRelatedAPIOps/
Both my client and I suspect that the PP rep was referring to "Paypal Express" which we are not using. And we are both rather confused by the way Paypal explain the whole thing.
I do know for a fact that there is no switch in the plugin administration for the version of Paypal we are using, and if there is a switch in the plugin code, I have not found it.
If anyone can explain how we can accomplish to have payments not just authorized but deposited automatically at the time of purchase we'd be very grateful.
Thank you.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : n/a
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
We use the basic Paypal plugin for transactions. Not Paypal Express and NOT paypal Pro.
(plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php)
My client has asked me to look into the way paypal credits payments. Apparently the way we are setup with Hikashop, Paypal right now does not credit the payment until he manually accepts it.
The way it worked on the previous version of his shop (based on OScommerce) payments were getting credited immediately.
He would like for his payments to be credited right away instead of being simply approved but not paid until he manually approves them.
He took the initiative to speak with a Paypal representative and he told him that he could accomplish that by changing a switch in the code on the website. I have researched the pertinent help files with Paypal and I have not found how to do that.
These are the documents we have found:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/auth-capture/
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/expres...ide/ECRelatedAPIOps/
Both my client and I suspect that the PP rep was referring to "Paypal Express" which we are not using. And we are both rather confused by the way Paypal explain the whole thing.
I do know for a fact that there is no switch in the plugin administration for the version of Paypal we are using, and if there is a switch in the plugin code, I have not found it.
If anyone can explain how we can accomplish to have payments not just authorized but deposited automatically at the time of purchase we'd be very grateful.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #152407
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Switch paypal FROM authorize and Capture
Hello,
The solution will probably be to set the "Enable validation mode" option of your PayPal payment configuration page to [strike]YES[/strike] NO.
The solution will probably be to set the "Enable validation mode" option of your PayPal payment configuration page to [strike]YES[/strike] NO.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 5 months ago #152489
by conticreative
Replied by conticreative on topic Switch paypal FROM authorize and Capture
Thank you for your replay. I looked in the paypal plugin and that switch appears to be already set to "yes".
I have attached a screenshot of the settings in the paypal plugin. Maybe it should be set to "No"?
I have attached a screenshot of the settings in the paypal plugin. Maybe it should be set to "No"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 5 months ago #152540
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Switch paypal FROM authorize and Capture
My bad, yes it should be set to NO in your case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conticreative
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 5 months ago #152625
by conticreative
Replied by conticreative on topic Switch paypal FROM authorize and Capture
OK, I just sedt it to "NO" and I alerted my client. He will let me know if that worked or not for him.
Thank you for your help.
Thank you for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds