- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
PayPal and IPN Notification
12 years 5 months ago #152830
by bjcasey
PayPal and IPN Notification was created by bjcasey
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.bjscripts.com/home/index.php/my-test-page
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 34.0.1847.116 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
I am having trouble with HikaShop using PayPal as my payment type and having it activate the ipn.php file on my website.
I have created a username/password for you to login to the front end.
Username: HikaShop
Password: password
When I add an item to my cart through HikaShop, checkout, and pay through PayPal I receive emails from my website and PayPal telling me that the order has been created, the order has been confirmed and payment has been received. The problem is that in my ipn.php file I have it doing some database entries. It wasn't doing this so I added a test email to be sent. I am not receiving this email, which means that the ipn.php file isn't being called.
To rule out a problem on PayPal's site, I created a cart button through their website and repeated the same steps as above. I received their confirmation of payment and my test email, which means that the ipn.php file is being called.
What information do you need to track down why HikaShop isn't triggering the ipn.php file?
Thanks.
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 34.0.1847.116 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
I am having trouble with HikaShop using PayPal as my payment type and having it activate the ipn.php file on my website.
I have created a username/password for you to login to the front end.
Username: HikaShop
Password: password
When I add an item to my cart through HikaShop, checkout, and pay through PayPal I receive emails from my website and PayPal telling me that the order has been created, the order has been confirmed and payment has been received. The problem is that in my ipn.php file I have it doing some database entries. It wasn't doing this so I added a test email to be sent. I am not receiving this email, which means that the ipn.php file isn't being called.
To rule out a problem on PayPal's site, I created a cart button through their website and repeated the same steps as above. I received their confirmation of payment and my test email, which means that the ipn.php file is being called.
What information do you need to track down why HikaShop isn't triggering the ipn.php file?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #152839
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic PayPal and IPN Notification
Hi,
Why would HikaShop trigger your ipn.php file ?
HikaShop PayPal plugin is coded to automatically confirm your HikaShop orders when receiving the IPN from PayPal to the notification URL of the PayPal plugin of HikaShop.
If you want to add custom processing when the order is confirmed by HikaShop during the IPN from PayPal, you should create a HikaShop plugin implementing the onAfterOrderUpdate trigger of HikaShop and adding your code in there.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html
Why would HikaShop trigger your ipn.php file ?
HikaShop PayPal plugin is coded to automatically confirm your HikaShop orders when receiving the IPN from PayPal to the notification URL of the PayPal plugin of HikaShop.
If you want to add custom processing when the order is confirmed by HikaShop during the IPN from PayPal, you should create a HikaShop plugin implementing the onAfterOrderUpdate trigger of HikaShop and adding your code in there.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #152866
by bjcasey
Replied by bjcasey on topic PayPal and IPN Notification
Hi nicolas,
So you are saying that HikaShop sends the payment information to PayPal, PayPal sends the IPN information back to HikaShop? When I don't use HikaShop I have my IPN link with PayPal set to a file named ipn.php that does all of my stuff. I assumed that once a payment had been triggered with PayPal that PayPal would send the information to the link I told it to, but if I understand you correctly, PayPal is actually sending the IPN info to HikaShop because it's the program that initiated the transaction?
Thanks.
So you are saying that HikaShop sends the payment information to PayPal, PayPal sends the IPN information back to HikaShop? When I don't use HikaShop I have my IPN link with PayPal set to a file named ipn.php that does all of my stuff. I assumed that once a payment had been triggered with PayPal that PayPal would send the information to the link I told it to, but if I understand you correctly, PayPal is actually sending the IPN info to HikaShop because it's the program that initiated the transaction?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #152875
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic PayPal and IPN Notification
Hi,
That's indeed the case.
That's indeed the case.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds