Skip to main content

Paypal IPN on a private store

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #160143 by adamo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1 - Starter
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.10-1

Hi,

I am doing a test on a fresh Joomla and Hikashop test site. I have setup Hikashop to test transactions on the PayPal Sandbox. I created an item and everything with the purchase worked as expected. The item was put into the cart, the order status was set to created, the item was bought and the IPN notify sent back a complete which changed the status from created to confirmed. Everything worked as expected.

By default when I installed Hikashop, it created 2 menu items "Categories Listing" and "Products Listing". The access visibility was set to "Public" for both menu items. I went in and changed the access visibility to "Registered" for both menu items and I repeated my test. When I finished the transaction, it appeared that everything worked properly however, the order status never updated from "Created" to "Confirmed". The order status remained in the "Created" status indefinitely. I checked the PayPal Sandbox IPN history and a message was successfully sent but it did not update the order status. I then changed the access visibly of those 2 menu items back to "Public" and repeated my test and this time the order status updated properly. I repeated this test several times and every time the menu item access visibility is set to "Registered", the order status never gets confirmed.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by adamo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #160324 by nicolas
Hi,

Yes that's normal. To avoid that, set the "force menu on checkout" option of the HikaShop configuration to a public menu item.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adamo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #160329 by adamo
Replied by adamo on topic Paypal IPN on a private store
Thank you for the response. I created a hidden "public" menu item that pointed to a simple "Thank You" article. I set the "Force a menu on the checkout" to that hidden menu item and the order status updated properly from PayPal. Everything appears to be working properly now.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by adamo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum